Sign in to follow this  
Jayde Ver Elst

CM Storm Mech Software does not program keys.

Bizarre issue on this otherwise great keyboard. Updated the firmware, installed the software through the portal and when I use said software to assign say M1->Mute it seems fine and dandy. I close the software, it says its programming said keys and then? Nothing. M1 does nothing.

I open it up again and my profile is still there, and so are my settings. So I try assigning another key like Q to.....anything else. It claims to program for 10 seconds and then? Well Q is merely Q.

Took it one step further and tried programming the M keys for EVERY SINGLE PROFILE and yet? Not one of them did any function at all.

Then I went and assigned both the portal and the cmstorm app to run as administrators for an extra step........that proved fruitless.

Is there some trick I'm missing to saving these settings? Or activating them? Is the CM software perhaps borked and they haven't patched it recently?

Holy shiz CM, MAKE SOME PROPER MANUALS. (Or software that activates profiles, like...logic may dictate)

I read through the entire manual, tried every key combo I could think of and then after stumbling across a review FOR A DIFFERENT KEYBOARD the activation process was revealed.

For any others who stumble across this stumped: Hold down the right FN key and push between 1~5 to activate the profile. Even profile 1 will NOT work until you do this......because reasons.