Scott

Ryzen and hyper 212x

Scott    0

Hey I'm doing a ryzen 1700x on an Asus x370 board. Got the new bracket for the 212x for am4 and installed it but the cooler, for the life of me, can only be installed horizontally. Airflow to the top of the case from pcie slots. Is there another way of installing this cooler to match rear exhaust?

15158912464591091034112.jpg

I am not very experienced with the hyper 212x and the am4 bracket, but maybe try placing the cooler so the fan goes upwards, it won't cause hot air being blown into the cpu cooler. As hot air also rises, the fan will block air on it's own (creating slightly higher temperatures when the fan is rotating to the side. correct me if this is wrong). The fan will force hot air out sideways and theoretically half of the air will be travelling towards your rear fan. 

Assuming you have the money (due to the 1700x, 32/64gb of ram and a gtx 1080?) ,another option is to buy a Masterliquid 120/240 to remove the problem with this heatsink. 

If they both are not working or you don't like watercooling, then ask for help in a nearby electronics store who may assist you for a price. 

Edited by JustARyzenFan
Another thought came up in my mind

Scott    0
9 hours ago, JustARyzenFan said:

I am not very experienced with the hyper 212x and the am4 bracket, but maybe try placing the cooler so the fan goes upwards, it won't cause hot air being blown into the cpu cooler. As hot air also rises, the fan will block air on it's own (creating slightly higher temperatures when the fan is rotating to the side. correct me if this is wrong). The fan will force hot air out sideways and theoretically half of the air will be travelling towards your rear fan. 

Assuming you have the money (due to the 1700x, 32/64gb of ram and a gtx 1080?) ,another option is to buy a Masterliquid 120/240 to remove the problem with this heatsink. 

If they both are not working or you don't like watercooling, then ask for help in a nearby electronics store who may assist you for a price. 

Hey, thanks for replying. Yea it's 32  gb and a 1080. I know the components of the system are kind of... Spicey? And this was one of the cost cutting measures i took. And having 47 degrees c at idle is Rough. I am sure you are right that the rear fan would Rob the airflow from the cooler the way it is. Regarding water cooling, I like the idea and have space for it clearly, I wasn't impressed with my h100i on my last rig i7 920. Still throttles hard with mag fans from corsair.

Edited by Scott
Accidental post b4 was finished.