Steven Sheiner

INSTALL TROUBLE - Hyper 212 EVO - HELP!

For some reason, the retainer screws that mount the adjustable x-bracket on the heat sink don't seem to reach the mounting posts on the mother board. If I screw one in, it takes a LOT of pressure and force to get one on the other side in. I don't think that's good. It's like they're sitting too high, and I don't know how to adjust that. Doesn't seem to matter the orientation of the X-bracket or the heat sink. Please advise! Thanks in advance!

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Stuart    0

Hello there.

Sadly I don’t have a solution as I’m having the exact same problem . I’ve heard people that have put an ungodly amount of force on to get them to for. But that is all bearing down on the cpu and not the bracket which is no good. Seems like it can be a common problem. The obvious troubleshoots which I have done so far is are you using the right standoff’s? You’ll most likely need the taller ones not the 2011 ones. Have you placed the back bracket and screwed the standoff’s through the middle hole if using a 1150 chipset? I personally am at the stage of buying taller standoff’s to try and bridge the gap. Cause I ain’t ruining my expensive cpu over a £24 cpu cooler. Worse case scenario I’m going to buy another cooler 

Mohd Noh    29
15 hours ago, Stuart said:

Hello there.

Sadly I don’t have a solution as I’m having the exact same problem . I’ve heard people that have put an ungodly amount of force on to get them to for. But that is all bearing down on the cpu and not the bracket which is no good. Seems like it can be a common problem. The obvious troubleshoots which I have done so far is are you using the right standoff’s? You’ll most likely need the taller ones not the 2011 ones. Have you placed the back bracket and screwed the standoff’s through the middle hole if using a 1150 chipset? I personally am at the stage of buying taller standoff’s to try and bridge the gap. Cause I ain’t ruining my expensive cpu over a £24 cpu cooler. Worse case scenario I’m going to buy another cooler 

Hi Guys ,

Suggest you all to contact our customer services , they will assist you .

Thanks