Adam Quimn

Where's this 4 pin connector go??

Adam Quimn    0

I have 1 last step to completing my new PC build. The 3 front rgb case fans' wire connectors plug into a 3 way sort of adapter provided by Cooler Master. Without this "adapter" the fan wires aren't long enough to plug in the motherboard. The end of that connector (adapter) has 4 long pins coming off of it. Nowhere on the motherboard is there a place for this to go. Where does this 4 pin connector plug into?? I want to turn on my new PC build but not without the 3 case fans working. Thank you in advance!

1513011448268471002960.jpg

Crazy49er    0

I may be mistaken but I believe that is the Cooler Master 1 to 3 RGB Splitter cable and I think it comes with 3 or 4 of those little pin inserts to plug in 2 different RGB 4 pin 5050 cables. But I think those 4 pins at the end can be unplugged as one piece to turn the cable into a female to plug into the male header on the motherboard.

(I think, I'll let someone else chime in)

Numpty    0

The male connector on the 3>1 conversion cable can be removed to make it into a female connector to plug into the motherboard. In short, remove the pins on the end by gently pulling on it.

*To clarify: The cable is an RGB Splitter cable that connects to your motherboard's RGB header

Numpty    0
1 minute ago, Numpty said:

The male connector on the 3>1 conversion cable can be removed to make it into a female connector to plug into the motherboard. In short, remove the pins on the end by gently pulling on it.

*To clarify: The cable is an RGB Splitter cable that connects to your motherboard's RGB header

Forgot to add. I am pretty sure that you need an RGB controller sold separately by Cooler Master for the RGB on the fans to work.