John

Computer noob, help please...I'm so sorry

John    0

So I intend on getting a silencio 652s (here's the link:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-SIL-652-KKN2-Silencio-MicroATX/dp/B00HS7GFYI/ref=sr_1_33?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1512849287&sr=1-33&keywords=cooler+master)

So what I'm wondering is ,(because I'm a noob and you're all gonna hate me straight away) , will a gigabyte ga-ax370-gaming 5 motherboard, a ryzen 5 1600x, cryorig H5 universal cooler (link:https://www.amazon.co.uk/CRYORIG-H5-Universal-CPU-Cooler-140/dp/B00MBTOY2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512908381&sr=8-1&keywords=cryorig+h5) and a gtx 1080ti rog strix (another link:https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING-1080-GDDR5X-Graphics/dp/B06XSB4NW2/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1511650715&sr=1-4&keywords=gtx+1080+ti#customerReviews) work/fit in the silencio 650s, if not could you please recommend a better more capable case fr me please. Once again I'm a noob and I fully expect some people to hate me straight away, because that seems to be the trend these days when it comes to computers and games etc.

Full build:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB - DIMM - 2400, 

Western Digital Blue - 2 TB, Corsair VS650,  gigabyte ga-ax370-gaming 5 motherboard, CRYORIG H5 Universal CPU Cooler and of course the case (silencio 652s..maybe).

Thank you for helping me and I honestly couldn't care less if u want to insult me for being a computer noob.

Edited by John

Mohd Noh    28

Hi

Silencio 652s support up to ATX board < your board is ATX 

Graphic card support up to 423mm < your graphic card is 11.73 " x 5.28 " x 2.07 " Inch

Support Cooling up to 168mm < your cooling is 160mm 

i would like suggest you to quote your list at here : https://pcpartpicker.com/

John    0

Thanks a lot for your help, but are you saying that the gpu is too big?Because I think 423mm is the maximum length of the gpu and the length of the gpu(I think) I have told you is 298mm so did you make a typo or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Edited by John

Crazy49er    0
48 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks a lot for your help, but are you saying that the gpu is too big?Because I think 423mm is the maximum length of the gpu and the length of the gpu(I think) I have told you is 298mm so did you make a typo or am I looking at the wrong thing?

It sounds like you should be fine. The mounting bracket for the middle drive cages looks like it can be moved or removed to allow for the longest video cards.

Your Cryorig is 160mm tall and it looks like it will barely fit inside the case as it allows for 168mm.  So it sounds like you're good all around.

He was recommending you try out the website PCPartpicker.com since it will help by giving warnings if 2 parts are incompatible. Its a great source of information for new and experienced builders.

As a side note I see you have a western digital 2TB drive for storage but I'd recommend getting a Solid State Drive (SSD) in addition to the Hard Drive. This will speed up the boot and programs running on the machine tremendously. Its quite easy to install an SSD drive, install windows 2 it and then just point the Documents / Music / Photos / etc to live on the 2TB drive for storage. 

I just finished building a similar system ... same graphics card, same processor, but I used an m.2 256gb SSD for the OS ... all the games/files get stored on 2 Seagate 3TB drives.

John    0

Thanks for the advice everyone, and in relation to the ssd, I will probably buy one soon enough.Thanks Again Everyone

Mohd Noh    28
3 hours ago, John said:

Thanks for the advice everyone, and in relation to the ssd, I will probably buy one soon enough.Thanks Again Everyone

If me i will go take an intel Proc i7 instead AM4 Proc and minimize the graphic to GTX 1070TI + MasterCase Series , since im playing noob game World of Tank Blitz and surfing internet and about the SSD i`m totally agreed with capacity 120GB pretty good for OS + 1 TB WD Green :)

John    0

i cant get a i7 cuz the motherboard aint compatible with it

thanks again anyway