Boddaker    15

Finally getting the back panel mounted! It's been a long and tedious road, but it's finally coming together the way I pictured it in my head.  :)

I got it taped up behind the bezel for now, so I can mock up the top and bottom covers..
Backpanel23_sm.jpg

First, the cardboard templates.. here's the top, cutting away bits here and there until it fits around the top pieces.
Backpanel24_sm.jpg

The bottom cover is a bit more involved since it will house the IO ports:  PSU power, and panel mount extensions for the USB, network, and HDMI ports.
Backpanel25_sm.jpg

Got all the ports to fit nicely in the cardboard.
Backpanel27_sm.jpg

..and the cardboard now fits nicely around the resin pieces.
Backpanel26_sm.jpg

Now to trace the templates onto the aluminum sheet.
Backpanel28_sm.jpg

Will do the cutting and filing tonight, but of course I always have to end the post with a mic-drop!
Backpanel29_sm.jpg

Boddaker    15

Wrapping up the back panel!  

Going from the cardboard template to metal, making a few adjustments along the way..
Backpanel31_sm.jpg

Getting the panel mounts to fit..
Backpanel32_sm.jpg

Now to mount the whole thing into the back panel.
Backpanel35_sm.jpg

3 L brackets and a few pop rivets later..
Backpanel30_sm.jpg

I did the same for the top piece, transferring the shape to metal and cutting it out.
Backpanel33_sm.jpg

Some filing and sanding, but instead of pop rivets, I just used some 3M double-stick tape for a nice clean finish.
Backpanel34_sm.jpg

Back panel is finished!  Now just one last piece to make.. maybe. :P

• Upvote 1

Boddaker    15

So after getting the front panel on, I noticed there was nothing covering up the ugliness behind the reservoir. So I had to come up with something that fit the theme. I figured a nice curved shroud of webbing would do the trick!

I grabbed another piece of cardboard and whipped up a quick template, then cut it out of a piece of styrene.  Then I took the top grill and traced out all the webbing shapes and made them fit around the existing holes and cutouts.
Resbacking1_sm.jpg

The dremel with a routing bit made quick work of the soft material, but it did take a while to file and smooth all the edges.
Resbacking2_sm.jpg

Styrene is pretty pliable, so it was easy to bend it by hand into a gradual curve. Then I combined it with a nice mesh background so you can't see through the holes.
Resbacking3_sm.jpg

Glued the two together before putting it in place. Dont need any fastening to secure it either, thanks to the spring-loaded tension.
Resbacking4_sm.jpg

Now I can put the reservoir back in..
Resbacking5_sm.jpg

I added an ledstrip behind the front panel, so it lights everything up nicely.
Resbacking6_sm.jpg

The ledstrip circles the CM logo ring as well.
Resbacking7_sm.jpg

And that pretty much wraps up the fabrication.. I think.. unless I see something else I need to address lol.
Only thing left to do is install the OS and configure the fans and lighting effects.  :)