Boddaker    15

Finally getting the back panel mounted! It's been a long and tedious road, but it's finally coming together the way I pictured it in my head.  :)

I got it taped up behind the bezel for now, so I can mock up the top and bottom covers..
Backpanel23_sm.jpg

First, the cardboard templates.. here's the top, cutting away bits here and there until it fits around the top pieces.
Backpanel24_sm.jpg

The bottom cover is a bit more involved since it will house the IO ports:  PSU power, and panel mount extensions for the USB, network, and HDMI ports.
Backpanel25_sm.jpg

Got all the ports to fit nicely in the cardboard.
Backpanel27_sm.jpg

..and the cardboard now fits nicely around the resin pieces.
Backpanel26_sm.jpg

Now to trace the templates onto the aluminum sheet.
Backpanel28_sm.jpg

Will do the cutting and filing tonight, but of course I always have to end the post with a mic-drop!
Backpanel29_sm.jpg

Boddaker    15

Wrapping up the back panel!  

Going from the cardboard template to metal, making a few adjustments along the way..
Backpanel31_sm.jpg

Getting the panel mounts to fit..
Backpanel32_sm.jpg

Now to mount the whole thing into the back panel.
Backpanel35_sm.jpg

3 L brackets and a few pop rivets later..
Backpanel30_sm.jpg

I did the same for the top piece, transferring the shape to metal and cutting it out.
Backpanel33_sm.jpg

Some filing and sanding, but instead of pop rivets, I just used some 3M double-stick tape for a nice clean finish.
Backpanel34_sm.jpg

Back panel is finished!  Now just one last piece to make.. maybe. :P

• Upvote 1

Boddaker    15

So after getting the front panel on, I noticed there was nothing covering up the ugliness behind the reservoir. So I had to come up with something that fit the theme. I figured a nice curved shroud of webbing would do the trick!

I grabbed another piece of cardboard and whipped up a quick template, then cut it out of a piece of styrene.  Then I took the top grill and traced out all the webbing shapes and made them fit around the existing holes and cutouts.
Resbacking1_sm.jpg

The dremel with a routing bit made quick work of the soft material, but it did take a while to file and smooth all the edges.
Resbacking2_sm.jpg

Styrene is pretty pliable, so it was easy to bend it by hand into a gradual curve. Then I combined it with a nice mesh background so you can't see through the holes.
Resbacking3_sm.jpg

Glued the two together before putting it in place. Dont need any fastening to secure it either, thanks to the spring-loaded tension.
Resbacking4_sm.jpg

Now I can put the reservoir back in..
Resbacking5_sm.jpg

I added an ledstrip behind the front panel, so it lights everything up nicely.
Resbacking6_sm.jpg

The ledstrip circles the CM logo ring as well.
Resbacking7_sm.jpg

And that pretty much wraps up the fabrication.. I think.. unless I see something else I need to address lol.
Only thing left to do is install the OS and configure the fans and lighting effects.  :)

Boddaker    15

So the case is done!  The rails finally came back from the chrome shop, and that was the only thing I was waiting for.. But I'm not taking final pics until I do the peripherals.. so here's a teaser shot:
FrontCU_sm.jpg

For the EVGA Z10 keyboard, I'll be painting it white, modding the wrist bar, and adding some chrome bits. Starting on the wrist bar, I removed the rubber pad and taped off the base. Then I made up a styrene piece with the hole pattern in it.
Keyboard1_sm.jpg

The styrene piece will take the place of the rubber top.. and will be under-lit. ;-)
Keyboard2_sm.jpg

To achieve the under-lighting, I need to add some frosted acrylic under the holes.  So I cut a large piece out of the middle.
Keyboard3_sm.jpg

..and cut a piece of 1/4" frosted acrylic to fit.
Keyboard4_sm.jpg

Once that is glued into place, I can place the styrene piece over it.  Then I'll lay an led strip across the top edge of the acrylic to light it up.
Keyboard5_sm.jpg

For the monitor base, I designed a slip cover for the tower in Fusion360..
MonitorTowerModel_sm.jpg

Printing it out in 2 parts, since the tower is over 16", and my printer can only go up to 14".
MonitorTower1_sm.jpg

And slip cover is done! Still need to trim and glue the pieces together, then prep for paint.
MonitorTower3_sm.jpg

Next up is the base, which will be under-lit as well. Stay tuned!

Boddaker    15

Made real progress on the monitor base over the weekend, and got it re-assembled last night.. Trying to get everything back together for 32B this weekend.. I still have a few things I want to do, but it'll have to wait until I get back.  I still have a couple weeks until the Cooler Master contest deadline, so I should be able to meet that no problem. :)

Anyway, for the base, I'm simply continuing the theme, doing cutouts and ice cubes lol.. so I took my existing template and just repositioned all the shapes around the base, and incorporating the logo into the design..
MonitorBase2_sm.jpg

I mixed up another batch of clear resin and poured more shapes..
MonitorBase3_sm.jpg

Then the fun part of cutting the shapes out of the ABS base cover.
MonitorBase4_sm.jpg

Here's the base cover after filing and smoothing out all the holes, concentrating on the logo part. I'm not too worried about the other holes, since the resin pieces will be glued in those.
MonitorBase5_sm.jpg

After clearing out the underside of the cover as well, I added in a piece of 1/8" frosted acrylic and an ledstrip to see how it looked.
MonitorBase6_sm.jpg

Had to do a bit of modification to the steel base to make room for the leds, but for the most part it all fit nicely underneath. Running the cable up through the center circle was tricky, as I wanted to retain the swivel motion of the monitor.
MonitorBase7_sm.jpg

This will most likely be the last update until after the lan, so I'll see ya on the other side! :)

Boddaker    15

Alright, here are the long-awaited final pics.. :)  

Of course, this project would not have been possible without all who have supported me throughout it's creation.  Thanks to all these awesome companies! :D Also special mention to Swiftech, Sanctum Sleeving, EVGA, and Intel for their contributions as well.
LogoWatermark-cropped.png

And thanks to everyone who's followed this build and commented, hopefully I'l see ya in the next worklog! :) Enjoy!
Casefrontleft-sm.jpg

CaseFrontRight-sm.jpg

CaseFront-sm.jpg

DoorsOpen-sm.jpg

CaseInteriorLeft-sm.jpg

CaseRight-sm.jpg

CaseTop-sm.jpg

DoorOpenRight-sm.jpg

CaseBack-sm.jpg

ResCloseup-sm.jpg

Case-Mon-KB-sm.jpg

Details-sm.jpg