boe

Anyone replace their front fan on their Cosmos II with a Noctua 200mm?

boe    0

I'm building my second Cosmos II pc and want to replace every fan if possible with a noctua.   Anyone try to fit a NF-A20 FLX in the case?   I know the stock one is essentially frameless - not the standard square fan frame.   I'm curious if it can fit.

boe    0

Thanks - so just to be sure - you are talking about the 200mm fan in the front you tested and it fits?   The screw mounts are in different places and the fan is a little thicker I think

boe    0

For anyone wondering - I ordered the 200mm noctua.  It doesn't really fit in the case.    The holes don't line up with anything for mounting so you could glue it in place.   The frame is too large on it so you have to wedge it into the case and it will probably be at a slight angle since the frame makes it too large.

Edited by boe

boe    0

I already used my hole saw to cut 120mm holes for 2 fans at the top of the 5.25" bays so I could cool the hard drives I'm putting there. I used my drill to cut holes in the bottom shelf so I could mount some 3.5" drives. I used my rotary grinder saw to cut holes in the back of the shelf to run the cables for the 3.5" drives I'm mounting. I'm finally done rebuilding into something useful.

I wish Coolermaster put 2 200mm fan spots in the front with a tad more room for other vendor's fans, put in more 3.5" bays and less 5.25" bays that were behind the 200mm fans. They also need about 10mm more wiring space behind the motherboard.

I've replaced every 120mm and 140mm fan the case came with - every time I'm done with one of these systems I have a bunch of fans I have no use for so I give them away to friends who will probably never use them either. I have 16+ drives in the system and a gaming video card so I need good air flow but I need it to be a quiet as possible.

I can't find a better case for my needs but I wish they'd make a few changes to it.

One thing that seems wasted is the side mount slot in front of the card slots on the case.  I could definitely imagine someone wanting to use PCIe extenders and side mounting a card - video, network, raid etc because of spacing issues on the motherboard.    They could easily have put double slot covers for double width cards with double width brackets.   

Edited by boe

xcalibur3    0

In my Cosmos I have the BitFenix 200mm because it has huge air flow almost 150 CFM. Was thinking of replacing it with the updated RGB one. I have been really happy with it.

Abaidor    0

Hey xcalibur3 

I want to buy the BitFenix Spectreo Pro RGB but was thinking whether I could also fit the 230mm version. Do you think it would fit.

It is 230X200mm so if I rotate it maybe it could fit. Is there any clearance after installing the 200mm version?

Thanks.

Abaidor    0

I went ahead and ordered the 200mm version since after measuring it does not seem to fit.