Muhammed Ismail

ML240L RGB Not working

Hi

I just installed a new coolermaster Masterliquid ML240L on my asus strix z370i motherboard, The fans spin and the pump runs but there is no LED's lit up anywhere. I am unable to set the RGB at all.

Neither the fans nor the pump lights up at all, I have tried using the included controller but it does nothing. I have tried different variations and even just the fan alone but it will not light up. Please advise before I return it.

Sunday Morning    179

Asalamualaikum Muhammed :)

Before you return it i love suggest you to contact customer services , they will help you to solve this issue .

On 10/30/2017 at 11:23 AM, Muhammed Ismail said:

Hi

I just installed a new coolermaster Masterliquid ML240L on my asus strix z370i motherboard, The fans spin and the pump runs but there is no LED's lit up anywhere. I am unable to set the RGB at all.

Neither the fans nor the pump lights up at all, I have tried using the included controller but it does nothing. I have tried different variations and even just the fan alone but it will not light up. Please advise before I return it.

Did you ever happen to find a solution. I am experiencing the same issue are you are. I've tried everything

iain b    0

I am having the same problem. I have the 3 RGB leads on my ML240L connected to the 3-into-1 provided cable and that is then connected to RGB_Header1 on my ASUS Rog Maximus X Hero. I have no lights on the pump or the two fans.

All my other Aura-compatible stuff is working and showing up in the Aura app- motherboard, ASUS ROG Strix 1070 and two sticks of G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM.

EDIT: The Aura app does show an LED strip attached, I'm wondering if that is the ML230L but it doesn't do anything if I unlink or link it.

EDIT: This may sound stupid, but make sure it's actually plugged in. I fiddled with the RGB splitter extension and it wasn't actually plugged into the pins. the Pins were stuck between the outer housing of the cable plug and the inner housing where the female connections are. The lights finally lit up when I got it plugged in properly. What a pain.

Edited by iain b

mike_1103    0

Almost same issue here: I have the 3 RGB leads on my ML240L connected to the 3-into-1 provided cable and that is then connected to the Addressable RGB Header (4-1 pin ADD_HEADER) on my ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gamer motherboard.

The lights on the two fans and the pump do light blue, but they cannot be controlled via Asus Aura...

My connections are:

- Pump to AIO_PUMP header
- Fans PWM to CPU_FAN Header
- Fans RGB to ADD_HEADER, using the included 1-to-3 RGB Splitter.

Did I do something wrong?

Mike

EDIT: I checked the connection on the Addressable Header, and the 1-to-3 cable was not in the pins... Now that it is, nothing lights up... No fans RGB, no pump RGB...

EDIT 2: Fans RGB and pump RGB works when used with the included controller. However, when I plug the RGB lead on the ADD_HEADER of the motherboard, nothing lights up...

Edited by mike_1103

M W    0

I have the same issue. Hooked it up to a Gigabyte z370 AORUS Gaming 7 mono. Although, this motherboard supports RGB LED connections like led strips these cannot be used for this cooler apparently. I connected the small controller that came with it (what a pain this cheap pins you get with it btw, they are the same you get at a hobby store for electronics) but LED's do not work. I fiddled with the connections, triple checked if they are connected correctly but it still does not work. Pump and fans are working and my CPU is being cooled luckily.

I also found that the fans are extremely loud, this is due to the way they are screwed to the cooling element. I guess that is what you get for buying cheap.

I contacted support and am still waiting for there answer but if I'm not getting an answer soon I will return this product. 

CraigUK87    0

Issue here, too...even with controller...leds on cooler and fans not working. Controller feels so cheap and tacky.. Granting, I don't have an RBG board, nevertheless..the controller is faulty big or the coolers LEDs are... I've requested an RMA. What a load of crap considering it's a brand new product.

Mohd Noh    31
32 minutes ago, CraigUK87 said:

Issue here, too...even with controller...leds on cooler and fans not working. Controller feels so cheap and tacky.. Granting, I don't have an RBG board, nevertheless..the controller is faulty big or the coolers LEDs are... I've requested an RMA. What a load of crap considering it's a brand new product.

If non RGB board > try read this :