Jacob DeBus

Asus Aura RGB Issues

Jacob DeBus    0

Hi, is anyone else having color accuracy issues with Asus? I have a ROG Strix z270e motherboard and I can somewhat interface with the lights on the outside of the case through the RGB header, but the color is extremely inaccurate. There is one specific color that I'd like, but it's impossible to get it there.

For example, I can use the lights just fine using the button on the case, but when I control via motherboard and select teal, I get a purpleish color. When I select purple, I get a yellow color. I've tried calibrating and switching the cable both ways on the header, but no luck. When I do the calibration, it asks what color I see, Red Green and Blue, but it only shows Red, Purple and Yellow.

I can't really help you, as I am just learning all this RGB stuff. However, I will tell you that my C700P works just fine w/ my ASUS ROG HERO (z370) board's RGB header. It's a little slow, in that it doesn't seem to keep up w/ the motherboard cycling, but it eventually gets there. (And I don't leave it on cycle so it doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it eventually gets there.)

Jacob DeBus    0

Interesting, well thanks for the input! I don't know what is going on with it, after further troubleshooting, I've determined that it's the green and blue colors that seem to be the issue. I've watched it do the "color cycle" and it cycles through pink, purple, red, yellow, then just goes to white when it should start going more green than yellow.

A dragon    0

I think I may have an idea for you. A while ago I plugged a RGB light strip into my MSI motherboard and noticed the very same problem. From what I understand, different brands will use different RGB header sequences in the hard-wiring of the leds. For me there was a simple fix of telling my motherboard to calibrate the header, in which my PC essentially activated the headers and asked me what colors were appearing on the strip, adjusting according to my answers.

There is a possibility some form of this is happening here. I recall specifically that the RGB strip came with what it called an 'adapter' cable for ASUS Aura, which was essentially just a crossover cable that swapped the blue and red(in your case you need to switch the green and blue) headers. Try finding a RGB header crossover for your PC and see what that does for you if you cannot find a calibration option on the ASUS aura software. If not, the cable is the way to go.

EDIT: Added a picture of the cable I am talking about. depending on the motherboard you have though, I cannot guarantee if this specific cable will be the one you need or if you'll need to do some looking around.

0.jpg

Edited by A dragon