Sign in to follow this  
diablosfiji

My Maker 5t is too hot, literally

diablosfiji    1

The Maker 5t is an amazing case, build quality is fantastic and looks magnificent, however, the airflow is very restrictive, Changing my case has led my CPU to be about 6 degrees hotter than before, removing the front panel does drop temps but man, if the panel restricts airflow, then why have it there in the first place. 

20171022_134638.jpg

20171022_182818.jpg

20171023_061052.jpg

20171023_061104.jpg

• Like 1

markenpuff    0
Posted (edited)

I hear you, They need to give us a mesh option for the front.  I don't understand Cooler Master at all, they pick form over function all the time... And that's not cool.. The pun intended.   I replaced the fans that came with that case, because they are kind of terrible.  Installed 3 140mm pressure RGB fans and also added a exhaust fan at the top-rear of the case to keep positive pressure.  A total of 5 fans.  3 in, 2 out.  With a air cooling setup, seems to work.  If you use the controller they give you, you can't tune it correctly, just use the MB headers or get a real fan controller not a fisher price model.. 

You could try removing the CD/DVD caddy and move both fans up, that should help.  The case comes with a bracket for that purpose.

You PSU and HD's should be fine.

Edited by markenpuff