boe

Updated input front panel with modern connectors?

boe    0

I've seen the new Cosmos case and it is a step backwards in my opinion and unusable for my needs but it does have an updated front connector panel.   Any chance one will be available for the Cosmos II?

I need at least 15 3.5" drives and managed to modify my Cosmos II to hold them and cool them well - the new C700p would be far to much work and I doubt I could mod it to hold them.

Abaidor    0

I second that and the notion that the new Cosmos is of lesser quality than the original Cosmos II. 

I will  get it however sometime in the future since it looks nice but not for my main PC. 

Right now I would like to use this case for a new i7940x system I am setting up for work and will also use a lot of hard drives. A new panel would certainly be welcome. 

boe    0

I just got the old COSMOS II again as I couldn't find anything else on the market that could be modified to meet my needs and it was on a slight sale $275.    I've cut some holes for fans out of the top bays and now I'm adding sound proofing before I reassemble it and put in all Noctua fans.  I need about 11 fans so I need them as quiet as possible.   I just ordered the 200mm Noctua - not sure if it will fit or not but I'm anxious to find out.    I'm also replacing the prewired hotswap wiring with standard ports in the back so I can connect the system to a real array controller.    Every time I work on these cases it takes days to get right for my needs but completely worth it.   I'll have 16 12TB hard drives in the system with an additional hot swap bay and an optical bay with one 5.25" bay to spare for future needs.    I can't even get close to that with the new case - I just wish it had current connectors on the power panel.

Edited by boe