Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Dennis

7900X in Cosmos II — Maximum Rad Size?

I'm about to start a 7900X build using a Cosmos II, and it seems that you need to make every effort to keep the CPU cool.  I have also seen a few posts in this forum where people have had issues putting large radiators in the top of a Cosmos II case, so I am hoping to find someone with atual experience.  At the very least, I'd like to use a 280mm AIO.  Has anyone done this, and especially with a 7900X?  Is it a straight forward fit, and if you did use a 7900X, what temperatures did you get?

BTW  I need to keep all the drive bays.  That was one of the reasons I chose to use this case.

TIA

knud    124

It depends on the length of the radiator. The maximum supported length is 320mm.

Thanks for the input.  I've gone with the Cooler Master Liquid Pro 280, and have another question.   This review on Toms Hardware, suggests that stacking four fans and reducing their RPM, results in similar cooling with less noise.  I seem to remember reading a review of the Cosmos II that said there was room to do this with that case.  Mount fans above and below the radiator.  Does that sound right? 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-masterliquid-pro-280-cooler,5059-2.html