Sign in to follow this  
Michael

@CoolerMasterUSA blocking people who complain about H500P

Michael    0

In the ultimate move of anti-consumer practices, @CoolerMasterUSA blocked me Twitter after I reached out to them about defects and damage caused by the factory to my brand new H500P. The case has multiple problems, beyond the terrible airflow, like the additional front fan bracket being unusable due to the mounting holes on the chasis being misaligned. Resulting in the bracket mounting crooked, and as such being unusable. The right side panel of my case also arrived with a large scratch in it from the factory.

Specific CM reps reached out to me to be helpful, but 
@CoolerMasterUSA blocked me after I reported the problems. I was never vulgar or abusive in any way. Blocking customers like that is unacceptable. I using every means of communication possible until someone is held accountable, my block is lifted and someone apologizes. When a customer has an issue with your product, you don't block them from communicating with you. That's how brands go out of business.

Mohd Noh    179

This is only suggestion . if you found any issue with your chassis or etc 

the best solution is by contacting them via ticket .

knud    123

Not sure why you were blocked, so I cannot judge that part.

Did you get the issues resolved? 

As for the extra cooling bracket: there is 1 screw hole on either side, but it is located all the way in the top. (it is quite easy to miss, had to look twice myself to see it)

The scratched panel should not happen of course - but we can replace it.

Michael    0

I contacted them via tickets after their case GM reached out to me. I was Tweeting both CM and CM USA, but only CM USA blocked me. My complaints about that unjustified block got back to someone in charge as they've since removed the block. But the damage has been done, I no longer trust them as a brand.

Yes I know where the screw holes are located for the fan bracket. Problem is, at least on my case, those two holes are not lined up with each other. And even if they were, the bracket has a pointless metal tab that prevents fans from being mounted inside it. The entire rail is designed poorly and creates problems mounting fans inside the rails.

The only reason I was even attempting to do that is to compensate for the lake of air being pushed through the case by the 200mm fans. The idea was to mount high RPM static pressure fans behind them to help push air to things like the GPU.

I wanted one mounted pointed at the GPU and another at the top to take the hot air intake from my AiO rad and accelerate it towards the rear exhaust fan to lessen it's impact on the GPU. 

I don't have that AiO set to exhaust to try and create a positive pressure enviroment in the case so as to minimize a dust getting pulled in through the numerous cracks and openings. Such as around the TG side panel, which has no seal of any kind. Leaving a 1mm gap around the entire panel.

I can clean that TG panel, and in less than a day I can see dust built up inside of it. I will be looking into things like weather stripping to eliminate that gap.

knud    123
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yes I know where the screw holes are located for the fan bracket. Problem is, at least on my case, those two holes are not lined up with each other. And even if they were, the bracket has a pointless metal tab that prevents fans from being mounted inside it. The entire rail is designed poorly and creates problems mounting fans inside the rails.

For the 2 holes alignment: Just to make sure we are talking about the same holes.

Left side 

VpoOL0pm.jpg

Right side 

R67dfxIm.jpg

Just a heads up the bad air flow is not caused by the design of the case!  It is because the included 200mm fans are no good. I would say it is because they are too close to the front but that is not the case I removed the front of the case, and they still moved almost no air!  I have replaced them with 3 140mm corsair LL fans, and my air flow increased by a crap ton, and I have the corsair fans running at 800-900 rpm so they are silent!

Edited by KIRK L GRIFFIN