Luc Enden    0

I have a question regarding my 2 broken PCI-E 8 (6*2) modulair power cable's. 

Situation:

This month i build my very first gaming PC and bought a modulair PSU, a CM V550 80 Gold PLUShttp://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/powersupply/v-series-psu/v550.html ).

With it came 1 PCI-E 8 (6*2) power cable that had a problem with the cable layout at the back of one connector (See image's). So i contacted CM and they send me a new one (even after i had asked them to send me a CPU power cable first...:violent1: Probs to CM for doing this BTW, Awesome customer service). But when it arrived it had the same cable layout problem... However, i saw that the metal connector on the end of the cable was still intact, just stuffed in the wrong pin.

Question:

If i somehow remove the wrong placed cable, and get it in the right pin, will it work? And if so, will it be safe 2 use.
Obviously i could just contact them and ask them to send me another PCI-E cable (wich i already did), but then id have to wait again...

This question is more out of curiosity (id rather wait then have a dead new 400$ GPU), but otherways i just have a broken PCI-E power cable laying around.

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-20 at 18.24.10.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-20 at 18.23.52.jpeg

Edited by Luc Enden