Sign in to follow this  

Good day Sir, I own a Cooler master 850W , product number : RS-850-ESBA . Last week on 28.08.2017 I went on holiday for 6 days so I removed the power cord from the power supply so nothing could happen while I was gone. I know that the power supply has a power failure protection and when you put the cord back on it takes a while for it to start. But it has been more than 20 hours since I have put the cord in the computer and it still won't start. The red led from the back of the power supply is not lightning . I know it has power cuz i put my hand inside and it almost electrecuted me. The power supply worked perfectly before so I don't really know what is the problem. 

Does it calculate the time it was off ? And by assumption now I will have to wait for 7 days for it to power back on ? 

Best requards, 
Ichim Andrei 

Hope to hear from you soon .

knud    123

That is an old PSU... close to 7 or 8 years I think?

Anyway, it might just have died from the unplugging and plugging, or just old age.

Can you take the PSU out from the PC and replug the cable again? Does the LED color change? And, do you have anything to switch on the PSU only? (like a PSU tester)

Alternatively, you can contact our support team and they can help you trouble shoot as well. (Details in my signature)