Erison Vinicios

Cooler Master T4

Hi everyone, I bought a Cooler Master T4 and I liked it very much, but I could use it with the open cabinet because of the size of the cooler that upset the cover, so I decided to cut the copper ends up, so I could close my case, but the cooler lost all efficiency my processor reaches 100 ° C, can you tell me if cutting copper tip really causes problem?

15046696326581464424173.jpg

Mohd Noh    179

2 hours ago, Erison Vinicios said:

can you tell me if cutting copper tip really causes problem? 

Welcome to CM forum .

Hi Erison , You should contact CM staff first before do this , CM staff will give you advice and Back to your question the answer is for sure :)

Suggest you to contact customer services , might they can give you some tips 

VALKYRIE    9

A while ago I chopped the alleged heat-pipes of a Thermaltake CPU cooler and later also I chopped the heat-pipes of a Thermalright VGA cooler, both were completely Dry inside, the CPU cooler manufacturers use hollow pipes to reduce cost (less copper), reduce weight and because is much much easier to bend hollow pipes instead solid copper rods which are much harder to bend, I plan to chop the end of the heat-piped of one of my CPU coolers which I have two identical here at home to allow some fresh air continuously penetrate the pipes, later I can easy compare the results of both identical coolers. In the link provided below also other people have chopped the pipes of their coolers to find completely dry, no evidence of any liquid......https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/dumb-yet-technical-question-heatpipes.2217753/page-3

Nulook45    0

If your having problems with hight you might try going to a gemini cooler you didnt say what cpu you were running but as long as your not overclocking it will handle most anything for a low profile cooler