Sign in to follow this  
Nat Martin

Bitlocker and USB Hub

Nat Martin    0

I have a CM Storm QuickFire XT and I'm on Windows 10 x64 with BitLocker with PIN enabled. I'm having an issue where BitLocker isn't reading the input from this keyboard when plugged into a USB hub, but works when plugged in directly. When using my old Dell USB keyboard, it was working fine even when plugged into the USB hub. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the XT is connected via a removable USB male-to-male cable while my Dell keyboard's cable wasn't removable. Or perhaps it might be a software settings issue that can be fixed?

Does anyone have any suggestions I can try? Thanks!

CM Bram    35

The removable aspect shouldnt impact this. But you dont have any free ports on the PC directly because you plug it in over the HUB? 

Nat Martin    0

if it's not the removable aspect, then I don't know what else could be causing the problem with BitLocker.

I do, but before it was as simple as plugging in the USB hub into one of my two USB 3.0 ports on my XPS 13 laptop, but now I have to plug in the keyboard as well and it's taking the remaining USB 3.0 port (the hub is USB 2.0).