Sign in to follow this  
David

MasterFan Pro RGB LEDs dim/not working

David    0

I just bought the MasterFan Pro Air Pressure RGB Case fan. The fan itself is working fine, however the LEDs do not seem to be working properly. I do not have an RGB controller so am just using the red or blue settings. When set to blue, the LED lights up for 1 second on startup and then turns off. When set to red, the LED stays on but quite dimly, and flashes to full brightness for 1 second when the computer turns off. I have tried two different system fan plugs with the same result. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is the product faulty?

Portshot    0

For anyone having this same issue looking for answers... if your fan speeds are controlled by the BIOS to adjust speed as needed, or if they are set to a quiet mode, the fans spin slower and the LED is dimmer, or off. When powering on the system you might get a bright flash as the computer POST. In Windows, using the ASUS Ai utility for Fan XPert, if I click "full speed" I get the full brightness... if I click "quiet" mode the LED dims a lot. 

The LED power for these fans is provided by the power connector, NOT the RGB wire.