Sign in to follow this  
sylvain cout

Fan LED not working after reboot

Hi,

I have the led's in a front fan who are not working anymore for some reasons, Everything correctly wired, tried with others 2 pins connectors for the led, not working.
BUT, when i disconnect totally the fan an extract one led to test it with a battery, everything work, so i can reconnect and it's ok, but next reboot or hibernation, the led is unlightable again, even with the front panel button. The other fan led working fine as expected.
Last thing, with this fan led disconnected, when I test it with my battery by the normal wires its not working, only i can reactive the led by extracting one led and put current. It's like unlocking the led's....
I can solder, repair, replace electronics parts without problems if someone told me where can be located the problem.

Thanks

Edited by sylvain cout

knud    128

This happens when using the standard/stock connectors from the front panel (fan control)?

Is the 2pin led wire still connected? 

Yes, The 2 front fans are connected to the front panel, and there is just one who have this behavior.
The 2 pins are connected, and I can connect any other alimentation, even a 9v battery, no light.
I must extract one led and put current to "wake up" all the leds, and just after I can connect a 2 pin alim and all is working...until sleep mode or next reboot.
I suspect a faulty fan more than a faulty control panel.

Edited by sylvain cout
orthography and conjugation

knud    128

In that case, I recommend to request a new case fan.

Please create a support ticket and use the "request part" option. Details are in my signature.