Josh

Masterbox Q Series

Josh    0

At Computex 2017 the Masterbox Q series was shown, namely the Q300 series and I was wondering if there is any new information on these cases. What I'm most interested in is final dimensions, including cpu cooler and gpu clearance.

Edited by Josh

knud    128

Those specs are not yet confirmed. But most long GFX cards will fit. 

Josh    0

That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure there was no new info out that I had missed. Cooler Master reportedly said the cases would be released between business quarter three and four of this year, which we are within. Looks like I will have to wait longer to get a new case since the Q300L is one a few that currently have caught my eye.

Thanks for the reply.

knud    128

I'm getting a sample soon - I can check for the CPU height as well - what is the minimum height/support you need?

• Upvote 1

Josh    0

Thanks.

My current cpu cooler is only 160mm, but since the Masterbox Lite 3.1 only allows for 158mm of clearance, I wanted to know before buying one of these cases if a new cpu cooler would be required.   

Josh    0

Has the sample case arrived yet? I'm really trying to wait for the Q300 series to be released but the Define Mini C with tempered glass is making things difficult. 

knud    128

I just got the sample and without M/B (but on the standoffs) there is ~170mm of space. I'll need to install a M/B to make a more accurate measurement.

(But I don't think the CPU+MB will take 10mm, however the sidepanel also takes some space) Tomorrow I can do a more accurate measurement.

• Upvote 1

Josh    0

That sounds like somewhere between 160mm or 165mm for cpu clearance from your description. 

Thanks, I will be waiting patiently for further updates. 

knud    128

Measured from the CPU: 161-162mm until the sidepanel is hit. (so, it is going to be quite close for you.)

Josh    0

That is about how much I have in my current case and it works, now all I need is a release date and I'm set.