Moha

Elite V2 550 WATTS problem !

Moha    0

hello guys !
i have an issue with my power supply  Cooler master Elite V2 550 watts , i brought it few months ago and since i brought it every time i run a game , power supply fan speed up (psu does not get hot it's just fan speed up) i hope someone advice me of what should i do with this fix or replace it :) 

knud    128

Sounds quite normal to me: the PC (and therefore the PSU) is getting under load. Which means, the fan needs to turn faster to keep this PSU cool enough to work.

This is a budget power supply, which also means, the noise level is not the quiets. You could look into the GM series for example as a possible replacement/upgrade. 

• Upvote 1

Moha    0
4 hours ago, knud said:

Sounds quite normal to me: the PC (and therefore the PSU) is getting under load. Which means, the fan needs to turn faster to keep this PSU cool enough to work.

This is a budget power supply, which also means, the noise level is not the quiets. You could look into the GM series for example as a possible replacement/upgrade. 

i'll upgrade it to better one , what psu can u suggest :) ???(i have AMD A8 7650K+Motherboard A88X+gtx 960 4gb msi+8GB RAM ) 

Edited by Moha
more details

knud    128

Cooler Master GM 550w will be sufficient. Or if you want something more energy efficient - but at a higher price - V550.

• Upvote 1