Bill Lee    0

The cooler has been working fine for almost three years. It stopped working briefly, once, a long time ago—I tapped on it the pump and it seemed to be back to normal—until last night. The pump seems to have stopped working, permanently. The blue LED is still lit, but the BIOS reports 0 RPM on my Gigabyte motherboard, the radiator fan is on, high ( > 2300RPM), and my CPU temp quickly runs past 91º+.  It is only a matter of minutes before Windows shuts down with a critical error. 

I'm running an i7-4770K (not currently accelerated).

What could have triggered this? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Edited by Bill Lee
Added CPU info

Bill Lee    0

I've vacuumed the radiator. But the BIOS says that the OPT-fan is at 0 RPM and there is nothing surrounding the module that is mounted on the CPU to vacuum. 

Sunday Morning    177
1 hour ago, Bill Lee said:

I've vacuumed the radiator. But the BIOS says that the OPT-fan is at 0 RPM and there is nothing surrounding the module that is mounted on the CPU to vacuum. 

Vacuumed :) that is great . can you change the pump pin connector to other pin and see how the result ?

1, Liquid Cooling: Where do I connect the Fans and Pump?

2, How to determine if the pump is functioning on your liquid cooler

Owner this cooler over than 2 year ( from board z68 to z97 ) my pump connector allocate at sys fan 1

3, please issue a ticket to customer services , they will assist you .

Update : Seidon 120v with dual fans , if you still facing same issue , like i said please contact customer services .

Bill Lee    0

Thank you for that detail. You'd given me hope that the connection was the problem. I moved the pump connector from the CPU OPT fan to the System Fan 1 connector. The BIOS says 0 RPM for that fan and CPU temp is 90º. After the CPU cools down, I'll try a different fan connector to see whether there is any difference. 

It looks like the next step is #3: file a ticket.

Is there likely to be any permanent damage to the CPU? It'd taken some time to realize what was going wrong, so the CPU had been running at 90º+ for an hour or two. 

Edited by Bill Lee

Sunday Morning    177
50 minutes ago, Bill Lee said:

Thank you for that detail. You'd given me hope that the connection was the problem. I moved the pump connector from the CPU OPT fan to the System Fan 1 connector. The BIOS says 0 RPM for that fan and CPU temp is 90º. After the CPU cools down, I'll try a different fan connector to see whether there is any difference. 

It looks like the next step is #3: file a ticket.

Is there likely to be any permanent damage to the CPU? It'd taken some time to realize what was going wrong, so the CPU had been running at 90º+ for an hour or two. 

You can check this link : Does heat will damage CPU?

Now please wait for step #3

Bill Lee    0

I filed a ticket. I have not received a response yet. I was able to get someone on their online chat... the bad news is that he said there was nothing I could do except get an RMA. But it appears that I am 6 months past my warranty period. It looks like I'm out of luck, unless the person who tends to my open ticket is able to help me get an RMA anyway. 

Sunday Morning    177

Dude RMA is the best way since you seidon not in good condition ( that in my mind ) therefore i suggest you to contact customer services :)

Bill Lee    0

Yeah, I was awaiting their response to my ticket, filed. I contacted online chat, again, however and they said that since it is out of warranty, there is nothing I can do… it's a paperweight now. :-( If I stick with liquid cooling, I may get a Corsair since it has a 5-year warranty. 

Halvliter    0

It seems I have the same problem as you do/had. I bought mine in 2015 and suddenly the CPU fan stopped working. Did you manage to fix your problem or did you buy a new cooler?

I have a Seidon 120V VER.2 (EU only)

Asus M2N68-AM Plus (Socket 940)

AMD Athlon 64 x2 (Socket AM2)

The cable to the CPU fan (3 pins) was connected to the "CHA_FAN" header on my motherboard and the radiator fan (4 pins) to the "CPU_FAN". I managed to read the speed on the radiator fan in BIOS, but the CPU fan was showing "Not available". When I connected a different fan (Mist 120 mm) I could read the speed of that fan)

I tried connecting the 3 pin header to a molex connector (I'm not sure I'm using the right words here, english (And hardware terminology)  is not my primary language) but the temperature would not go down.