prescient    0
Posted (edited)

hello  i want cooler master to consider this as feed back to them just to advance in their products engineering 

even that the issue i had will make me decide never to purchase  a cooler master product again ever 

the story :

i was so happy to buy my new 1080 evga ftw  and was having a party night  by unboxing installing ...  but  at this point cooler master engineering team, decided to fail 

in a very simple task .. all i wanted is to put the screws in the case to attach the vga  but i failed ..  after 4 hours of trying and putting my fingers to severe pain

and pc into risk of damage i have   to insure you that your team has not tested or tried to install a vga card not even once on that case  ..

i have gave up on trying and my life is ruined .... but one last stand  here .. fair well cooler master  i will never return 

its a good case but the  vga slots  are in shape of squares   and  rounded  screws  dont fit in them  

Capture.PNG

Edited by prescient

prescient    0
Posted (edited)

again and go test this and i pin point you to the error  you see the screws places are square not rounded  and the rounded screw will not fit 

or enter in that  hole  . test it and see 

Capture.PNG

this might be the rounded shape  you need  

Capture.PNG

Edited by prescient

knud    120

Did you use the thumbscrews or other screws?

And did you by any chance take a picture of the installation process?

prescient    0

thanks for reply  believe i only  reporting this so you can test it on your own gears  i used same screws  that was on the case  vga slot  and  was installed before on the older 

780 gtx card by the computer shop who diidnt seem to find troubles putting them  and i even removed them my self  but can not put them back i called the electricity  guy

but he was busy  ...   so i opened  the case  black box and i  took the golden  studs  with the smaller  silver  screws  that have  a small meal circles around it macgyver

style   am not sad now its ok but id like u to tune that case  because its good case and one should just be able to slide that vga in a screenshot of the  screws i used at first

is included the thumbscrews that didnt fit   and no need to screenshot the operation  just a 1080 evga ftw   setup   on a asus hero 6 mb   pci red mid slot  the screw refused to

enter the square hole  with a weak push its  top entered  in but refused to continue  and started turning void ..  more pushing didnt help and had to force it out 

then i used the studs  it grips it well 

Capture.PNG.922f3ef8bd8bdc850c07f9a7da0b2d52.PNG

VALKYRIE    9
20 minutes ago, prescient said:

Are you using the square holes of the image I attached ?

Capture.PNG.922f3ef8bd8bdc850c07f9a7da0b2d52.PNG.e6e993b1889b0e28eeb9c9e959b7c357.PNG

prescient    0
Posted (edited)
oh yes when you remove 2 of the metal bars the vga card slides its own metal end shaping 2 of those squares and the screws just dont fit in them at least at my beginner lvl but the pc shop guy had fit the 780 gtx on them in 2014 and i removed them my self but i even tested to return the 780 gtx on its old place as it was and i couldnt
i had a gigabyte case before and i replaced my gpu and removed it many times and its not a big issue to me but still i am not handy .. and no skill at all
i know anyone with basic skill can do it but still it should be a plug and play for the standard user i love this case and i was sad it has space fans leds and the handle and it looks super ... but still id want to put my vid card where it belongs without modding stuff ...

this answer your question those 2 metal ends shapes a square with the case own metal end maybe it can be in other way and u can test a vid card on any storm case u have with any vga card

Edited by prescient