BoosterXBoosh

Fan Controller not working, which cables are required to be connected

Recently built a system with the Maker 5 case. I have the three chassis fans plugged into the controller on the backside of the case and have the 2/4 molex power cable connected, however, none of the fans are running. I've tested all the fans by plugging them directly into fan power cables and they run fine, but no luck on the controller. 

The front panel USB 2.0 header is not currently connected as my motherboard only has one of these headers and it's needed for my H110i AIO cooler. I'm wondering if that's the issue and the controller requires that USB somehow. 

Is there something else I'm missing and does anyone know exactly what needs to be connected at minimum to make this fan controller work. Thanks. 

Sunday Morning    177

Welcome to CM forum .

HI Booster . may i know what kind specs you have ? and can you attach some picture ?

+ please sent out an email to CM customer service , they will help you to solve this issue .

There is no documentation for the integrated fan controller and it doesn't work. This person had the same problem yet you shunted them off to a private solution. What kind of business are you running? Why bother with a forum at all?

I want to talk to a human being to get this resolved. I put several hours into assembling my system just to find your integrated controller doesn't work and that their is evidence many others had the same problem while you neglect to publish anything . 

I am severely disappointed in Coolermaster. I will not recommend them to my friends. I am holding off on posting my review until and unless you make this right. Expecting equipment to function as advertised is reasonable. Expecting that there would be documentation available is also not unreasonable. 

Im looking for the same info, No real directions on how to hook up the controller, 

The only thing it shows in the manual is to hookup the usb cable

What about the sata connector, Do I need to hook that up?

I want to use aura control with my Asus ROG strix Z390-E mobo, Do I just plug in the cable that says Asus/msi or do I also need to plug in the sata and usb

My god what has happened to cooler master, I have been using their cases for more than 10 years and never had this type of issue until now.

There is absolutely NOTHING on the net explaining in detail what connectors to use, just usb, just argb asus connector or all including sata

Please help, The build is down except for this and now Im at a standstill here 

Hi to all,

Got the same issue, i check the manual (Maker 5) and show i had to connect sata power to the controller (i try without and fan+led were off...) and works, but...

i got that controller cause i wold like to modify the fan speed and the led: NO WAY!

The fan are their max speed and the led are pulsing, and do not swicth in any other status, and their are really too hight.

So the question is: bad controller or something went wrong in the setup?