• Announcements

• CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NetworKing

Case recomendations

3 posts in this topic

I am considering building my first PC. I am not a huge gamer right now so I don't need 4K, etc. I want to run various virtualization software though like Hyper-V, VMware, etc. I plan to use an ATX based board ideally with 2 PCI-EX16 slots, maybe 4 or so X 8 slots, USB 3.0 front panel would be nice, I currently do not have anything using USB type C or 3.1, but would like to have at least a way to change these things in the future. I also want to have a normal optical drive (maybe2), maybe 1-2 internal HDD slots for an SSD and a 3.5 inch data HDD. This is probably the hard part I would like to have space for 4 removable 3.5 inch HDDs, probably using removable drive bays, ideally use SAS as that can do SAS and SATA. I would also like it to have some sort of window(s) or at least a way to add it later with a different side panel(s), a fan controller would be nice also so I can adjust it for what I am doing. LED controller not critical, but I would rather have it now should I end up using later, or when I re-use the case. 

I don't see using liquid cooling for this, but I am thinking either I7, Ryzen7 maybe Xeon for the CPU. I think 3.5-4.5 GHZ 6-8 core would be good. Probably 32GB of DDR4 RAM, perhaps doubling that later. An OEM cooler may be fine for this, but I would like something a bit better, maybe that has some control options, maybe LED and cools it better. Right now this system would go in a bedroom, I would like some control of fans so I can put it in a quit state if I run it at night downloading things, etc. Or if I am not using it and doing something else it would be quiet.

So far I think the maker5 case would be okay, but not sure. I agree it sort of looks cool to have handles, curves etc on the top, but I would like the top to be flat so I can put things on top of it maybe a printer, scanner, etc. I like the looks of the magnetic front panels, and the filter options to keep the dust down in the case. 

Welcome to CM forum .

Since CM a lot have new chassis . i would like you contact them via ticket .

But if me  mastercase pro 5 and above is the best solution regarding you question  .. sorry i cant explain it more ... 

Posted (edited)

A new x-dock for the U.2 standard? wouldn't that be nice. :-P i have a CMS 690 III Advanced and luv it. recently (for like the 4th time) have rebuilt it for a new Z270 system with a core i7 7700k. but what i luv most is having the x-dock feature that allows me to hot-swap 2.5/5.25 disks in and out w/ ease. now, i'm not a big 'optain' drive fan since i don't really wanna go back to the old "spinsters" that need such and item and it's assiciated bloat-ware program. and i'm sure the newer and super SSDs (including M.2s) will come down in price. BUTT, wouldn't it be nice to have a backwards compatible x-dock that could do the new U.2 standards as well as our wounderful old time SATA connector... possibly?

like to hear what u Devs say,

thanks

shivad

Edited by Shiva Das