Nigel Tam

Hyper 212 Plus and AM4 Support

Nigel Tam    0
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I currently still have an ancient Hyper 212 Plus in my system. I am interested in upgrading to a whole new Ryzen system but was curious to know if the new AM4 support for the 212 EVO also supports the 212 Plus. The heatsinks look very similar.

Thank you

Edited by Nigel Tam

CM Michiel    11

Hi Nigel,

The Hyper 212 PLUS is also compatible with socket AM4 :) 

You can use the same upgrade kit as for the Hyper 212 EVO.

It's not in our press release but we have added the Hyper 212 PLUS in the product description from the AM4 brackets.

CM Store EU: 

http://www.cmstore.eu/cooling/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-accy-am4b-r1/ 

Compatibility: 

• MasterAir Pro 4
  • MasterAir Pro 3
  • Hyper 412 Series
  • Hyper 212 EVO
  • Hyper 212 X
  • Hyper 212 Plus 

Let me know if you have any other question ;) 

Chad Riley    0

Any idea when those kits will be available again? I bought the cooler but Amazon said I had to get the kit from manufacturer and you've not had it in your store since March.

Mohd Noh    179
10 hours ago, Chad Riley said:

Any idea when those kits will be available again? I bought the cooler but Amazon said I had to get the kit from manufacturer and you've not had it in your store since March.

The bracket will be available soon . go get more detail please contact customer service .

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2017 at 0:21 AM, CM Michiel said:

Hi Nigel,

The Hyper 212 PLUS is also compatible with socket AM4 :) 

You can use the same upgrade kit as for the Hyper 212 EVO.

It's not in our press release but we have added the Hyper 212 PLUS in the product description from the AM4 brackets.

The Hyper 212 PLUS is most definitely NOT compatible with AM4 using the AM4 bracket (RR-AM4B-H212-S1) and the stock back plate on the ASRock X370 Taichi. The backplate does not allow the new screw/nuts to sit flush with the motherboard and thus the bracket will not hold the fan securely. I'm assuming this is not the same case for all Hyper 212 coolers. The attached photo shows the gap between the board and the screw due to the backplate threads actually rising above the motherboard.

Edit: The part used in this photo is the RR-AM4B-H212-S1. However part number RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1 bracket may work. I will exchange my bracket at microcenter and see how it goes. RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1

Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg

Edited by LosLocosTacos
Show part number used

Went to my local Microcenter and purchased the RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1 bracket. Everything works wonderfully!

_DSC6071.JPG

_DSC6058.NEF.jpg

_DSC6049.NEF.jpg

_DSC6061.JPG

Hi! I live in Argentina, so the only store that ships to me, is the EU CM Store.

And the link that you @CM Michiel shared (http://www.cmstore.eu/cooling/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-accy-am4b-r1/ ) is down. Not out of stock. It looks as if there's no more selling of this (RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1).
I've read in the following link that you confirmed that the 212 + is upgradeable. But the part that is avaliable in the EU Store (RR-AM4B-H212-S1) acording to @Steven Burnsin this thread, is not compatible with his Motherboard. Is this an exception?. I'm in doubt because the part's numbers are different..

Can you refer me to where can i get an upgrade bracket to AM4 for the Hyper 212 Plus? Or if this (the non-existent-part) is just temporal (please, please, don't drop the support for my 212+ just when i want to upgrade my CPU... ) or the RR-AM4B-H212-S1 is the same thing as the RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1

Thanks

Mohd Noh    179
1 hour ago, Santiago Daniel Persico said:

Hi! I live in Argentina, so the only store that ships to me, is the EU CM Store.

And the link that you @CM Michiel shared (http://www.cmstore.eu/cooling/amd-am4-upgrade-kit-rr-accy-am4b-r1/ ) is down. Not out of stock. It looks as if there's no more selling of this (RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1).
I've read in the following link that you confirmed that the 212 + is upgradeable. But the part that is avaliable in the EU Store (RR-AM4B-H212-S1) acording to @Steven Burnsin this thread, is not compatible with his Motherboard. Is this an exception?. I'm in doubt because the part's numbers are different..

Can you refer me to where can i get an upgrade bracket to AM4 for the Hyper 212 Plus? Or if this (the non-existent-part) is just temporal (please, please, don't drop the support for my 212+ just when i want to upgrade my CPU... ) or the RR-AM4B-H212-S1 is the same thing as the RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1

Thanks

Try check this link : http://www.coolermaster.com/service/whereToBuy-R1211260002f95d-Argentina-All-All.html

Nigel Tam    0
On 5/25/2017 at 9:34 PM, Steven Burns said:

The Hyper 212 PLUS is most definitely NOT compatible with AM4 using the AM4 bracket (RR-AM4B-H212-S1) and the stock back plate on the ASRock X370 Taichi. The backplate does not allow the new screw/nuts to sit flush with the motherboard and thus the bracket will not hold the fan securely. I'm assuming this is not the same case for all Hyper 212 coolers. The attached photo shows the gap between the board and the screw due to the backplate threads actually rising above the motherboard.

Edit: The part used in this photo is the RR-AM4B-H212-S1. However part number RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1 bracket may work. I will exchange my bracket at microcenter and see how it goes. RR-ACCY-AM4B-R1

Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg

I originally purchased the old AM4 kit that mounts the Hyper 212 vertically and it worked fine but I was hoping to mount the cooler horizontally as preference. I purchased the newer X bracket RR-AM4B-H212-S1 and ran into the exact same issue with you with regards to mounting. The back plate remains too loose as the stand offs aren't flushed. I was hoping that securing the cooler onto the mount would tighten it but the depth of the screws are too shallow, bottoming out before you can secure it. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3

Very disappointed. Please rectify this CM. @CM Michiel

Edited by Nigel Tam

SP227    0

Why is Cooler Master shipping an AM4 adapter that doesn't work with these motherboards? In the same boat here, MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon.