Sign in to follow this  
chrisbliss18

Aero 7+ RPMs are too low

I've had an Aero 7+ for over a year now. I love this cooler to death. It has started to slow down however. The fan now spins at just under 1,000 RPMs (normal is 1,900-3,500). Furthermore, the speed adjustment knob seems to do nothing now. Is this a problem that can be fixed or will I have to get a new blower?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mr. Miyagi    2

Hmm... Fans do tend to die over a long period of time. Have you tried to remove the control knob? That will allow the fan to run at full RPM. If it can run full RPM, the fan isn't dying and probably something wrong with the controller. If you don't want to, you could pick another one up here for $12 and use the fan if you want to keep the copper base of the Aero 7+

Perhaps you really did love it to death... :shock:

LOL... Almost it would seem.

Your tip worked like a charm Mr. Miyagi. I chopped off the pot and directly connected the cables. It works like a charm now.

Seems like I have a reason to get one of those fancy fan speed controllers now. Or I could get another pot at Radio Shack (but where is the fun in that?).

Thanks again for the help.