Sign in to follow this  
viperj

DI4-8KD3B-0L Silent VS. ISBV73 AERO4 P4 3.X+

viperj    0

I've got both these excellent cpu coolers but using the same rpm for AERO4 i get worse results than DI4. Any clue?

Grump    0

More info on the DI4 is HERE.

I'm afraid I can't help viperj out. Anyone else have a clue?

Grump

Guest Forum Master   
Guest Forum Master

Aero 4 has a better heatsink to start with than most DI4 stuff, copper vs aluminum.

In fact, the standard line is made for system builders. If you plan to overclock or just want better cooling for your CPU, the retail line will always offer you better performance.

jimmyang    0

there could be a few possible reasons why it performed not up to expectations... first it could be your thermal paste, user error (during hsf installation) and case flow (could be that it does not suit the hsf) and many more. Sometimes when people post these problems in my forum, i would ask for the whole spec of their cooling system so that it would be easier to identify the problem...

my 0.02 cents :)

viperj    0

Well you are right but i've got a 2 coolermaster blu ledfans on the back(blowing out), 1 CM blue led on the low side(blowing in), and other 2 CoolerMaster blu led in the front (blowing in).I used the compound from coolermaster(retail too) and the problem is that with the fan @2500 rpm the DI4 work better than Aero4 that's strange isn't it?

BACK->

BACK->

^

SIDE <- FRONT

<- FRONT

hope u understand the airflow :lol:

viperj    0

ok, i've solved the problem, but i'm very angry with CM:

1) Thermal paste with Aero4 is crappy(cpu temp is the same without paste)

2) I got CM Premium thermal paste 2 packets (both unusable can't even put it on cpu, if u try to put it on cpu u just get a weird thermal paste ball which won't stay on cpu and/or heatsink).

3) A friend gave me a tube of unknown thermal paste and the result is that now cpu temp at 100% load is 38-39 °C against 51°C (both with original Aero 4 thermal paste, DI4 thermal paste, no thermal paste!!!!).

Now could some expert explain me why this difference?

Red_Dawg    0

it's most likely because the DI4-8KD3-OL pushes more air. 32CFM VS 10.9-20 CFM on the Aero. Want to upgrade? try the new vortex dream. 37 CFM at 21db. 41 CFM at full speed. ( according to CM specs)

Garfield    0
ok, i've solved the problem, but i'm very angry with CM:

1) Thermal paste with Aero4 is crappy(cpu temp is the same without paste)

2) I got CM Premium thermal paste 2 packets (both unusable can't even put it on cpu, if u try to put it on cpu u just get a weird thermal paste ball which won't stay on cpu and/or heatsink).

3) A friend gave me a tube of unknown thermal paste and the result is that now cpu temp at 100% load is 38-39 °C against 51°C (both with original Aero 4 thermal paste, DI4 thermal paste, no thermal paste!!!!).

Now could some expert explain me why this difference?

First, I need to let you know that the function of thermal grease was pass the heat from CPU to heat sink more quickly. It can not down the temp. of CPU. :!:

Second, I also have doubt with the weird thermal paste ball. It's unusual situation. Maybe you need to exchange it. :shock:

Third, may you get some of the thermal grease which your friend give to you for me ? I will like to know how magical it is. :wink: