• Announcements

• CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
Vítor

Trigger Z - Macro stop normal Actions

3 posts in this topic

Hi! I have a Trigger Z Brown switches keyboard. It feels really good to type one it. I'm enjoying the keyboard.
But, I had a Razer blackwidow Chroma and It had some 'feature'(or not) that the Trigger Z does not have (Or maybe it do have but I don't know).

Lets say that I'm using w,a,s,d for movement. And I'm walking foward keeping the key 'w' pressed. And I've assign to my macro key something like 'ctrl +1'.
When I press the macro key holding the 'w' key (or any other key) it will stop the 'w' key's action. And I have to unpress the key and re-press it to keep moving on the game. 

I know this might sound like I'm being lazy. "Ah.. you just need to press it again, you're being lazy" 
But maaaan... I'm too damn used to quick pressing these macro keys while I'm in action. And this bothers me a lot. 
I've tried to configure using the software in diferent ways but no success.
There is any way to do what I want it to do?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that is normal behavior - you cannot use the Trigger to input keys while a macro is running. This is because the Trigger has "hardware-level" programming and macros done through the keyboard itself and Razer uses "software-level" programming and macros so it's done through their driver. Advantages of hardware level macros are that you don't need the drivers open at all after you set it up, and you can use that same keyboard on any computer in any OS with all your settings saved, but of course the disadvantage is that you can't integrate them reliably into gameplay, as you have found out.

I see! Thanks for the answer.
Well.. thats a shame. Do you know if there is any way I can put my hands on the software code and try to create a workaround?

If I could get my hands on the software maybe I would be able to make the keyboard what I want it to do.

Thanks again!