• Announcements

• xtian1

Win a trip to Computex 2017   03/21/2017

Get a chance to be with us and experience one of the biggest trade shows in the Industry in Taiwan with us! Check the announcements section for details on how to enter the contest.
    • CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Proietti

Ryzen Mounting

9 posts in this topic

Not seeing a former post with this in it, so here goes. According to CM, the Pro 240 is supposed to be natively compatible with AM4 motherboards. I just bought one with my AM4 mobo, and for the life of me, I can NOT mount this thing properly. Did I read the site wrong? Do we need the mounting bracket? And btw, when I went to look into getting one of the mounting brackets, it didn't show the Pro 240 as one that needed it there, either. So, if I'm just wrong here, can someone help me out, and show me exactly how they were able to mount theirs? Mine is currently being held down with zip ties. It IS working, but I have my computer on its side, just to be safe. I really don't want to use zip ties any longer than I have to.

Thank you.

I bought this exact same cooler and I have the same problem.  I only bought this cooler because it says it's ready to go for AM4, so WHAT GIVES?

It is ready to go, if you buy the upgrade kit, which is clearly indicated on the product page.

It is not ready to go, as the upgrade kit isn't ready.

I did figure out the confusion though.

On the matrix provided here: http://www.coolermaster.com/amd-am4-ryzen-compatability/en/#am4-compatiblity-list

I was looking for MasterLiquid Pro 240, except it isn't listed.  MasterLiquid 240 is and that is where my eyes went and it seems to be supported.  However, there is a generic MasterLiquid Pro Series that indicates "upgrade kit available soon".   Why they broke out MasterLiquid 240 and MasterLiquid 120, but not MasterLiquid Pro 240 vs other MasterLiquid Pro XXX is where the source of confusion is coming from.  They should have listed out all of the individual MasterLiquid Pro series to avoid this unnecessary confusion and frustration.  I would not have purchased the Pro version if the matrix was more explicit.

Hi Stuart ,

Please contact Cooler Master customer services , they will give you the best solution regarding this issue .

Quite right Stuart, I had my eyes in cone shape and confused the master liquid vs the pro, one is ready the other is not. Sorry for goofing there ;)

Even my retailer made this mistake, the chart is pretty poor at explaining and the lack of bracket STILL.....is.........morbidly depressing. All my ticket is met with is silence as well. Over in the 280mm section one chap got so fed up he made HIS OWN MOUNTING in less time than it took CM to even announce one >_>

Posted (edited)

Glad I found this thread.. When I looked on CM's site this past Wednesday, the specs for the MasterLiquid Pro 240 did NOT have the asterisk after the AM4 compatibility.. So that is what I bought.

Now I find out it's not compatible, and that the bracket is "coming soon.."

feh

Not that I'd be able to order the part since they want me to register the product first. That would be fine if the thing HAD a serial number on it.  Yes I bought it new, it arrived heat-shrunk and there were absolutely no signs the box was ever opened and cooler ever removed.

This blows my plans to finally complete my Ryzen build over the weekend.

I'll wait to see what response I get to my support and FB inquiries, but I have a feeling come Monday I will be returning this for another maker's product that IS AM4 ready now and not some unspecified future date.

Edited by Keith Hermansader