Johnny Ambrosio

MasterLiquid Pro 120 - Upcoming Chip

Hello,

I was curious if the MasterLiquid pro 120 would fit the new AMD Ryzen 7 1700 AM4 chip that's being released on March 2nd 2017...

Thanks,

Johnny A.

Edited by John Ambrosio

knud    124

Yes, it will be compatible. The bracket will be included inside the package.

4 hours ago, knud said:

Thank you very much! That makes my day! 

On 2/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, knud said:

One more thing... I already purchased the cool master last December but tell bracket that's already in that package will work, correct? I haven't even opened the box yet. Lol. Still valid question if others already have cooler as well...

Thanks for your help Knud!

NiteShdw    0

There is a page on the CoolerMaster website that says that the MasterLiquid Pro series will need an adapter for AM4.  Can CoolerMaster post images of what the AM4 compatible bracket parts look like so we can tell if we have the correct mounting bracket?

10 minutes ago, NiteShdw said:

There is a page on the CoolerMaster website that says that the MasterLiquid Pro series will need an adapter for AM4.  Can CoolerMaster post images of what the AM4 compatible bracket parts look like so we can tell if we have the correct mounting bracket?

I got my CM Liquid Pro 120 I'm December. Haven't opened box yet... I hope the adapter is already included. Should be same size as an AM3 I would think. Not sure though. This is great question... 

So does the liquid pro 120 I got in December 2016 already have the bracket or adapter I'll need for the AM4?

And post a link to what it will look like or where to obtain it... 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help...

NiteShdw    0

I already put mine together so it's ready when my board comes.  There's just 1 AMD bracket and clips.  There's nothing in the docs about the difference between AM3 and AM4.  I just ordered mine last week.

49 minutes ago, NiteShdw said:

I already put mine together so it's ready when my board comes.  There's just 1 AMD bracket and clips.  There's nothing in the docs about the difference between AM3 and AM4.  I just ordered mine last week.

I just got off phone with cool master and they said it does require a certain bracket... they will have it available in about a month on their online store and only shipping cost should be expected. 

My problem is I get my chip and motherboard on the 2nd. Lol. I don't wanna wait a month. 

NiteShdw    0

Yeah... I bought this cooler specifically because the specifications page says that it's AM4 compatible...  The online store is down until tomorrow.  Maybe if we're lucky they'll have it available sooner rather than later.  I may have to dig around and see if I have a cooler that uses the clips to see if that'll fit temporarily.

Here's a video showing an old AM3 stock cooler fitting using the tabs, so if you have a cooler with tabs you can use that until we get our AM4 brackets.

Edited by NiteShdw
add youtube link

What stinks is online all reports conflict each other... some say any AMD2 and newer models WILL fit the AM4 and others say it will NOT. 

But if cool master is literally manufacturing upgrade kits for AM4 socket I doubt those reports of fitting are true... 

There are some models of coolers that come already compliant with proper brackets but I won't be disrespectful to this company on their forum by listing other brands. Lol