Sign in to follow this  
Schwanz Munster

Got mine!!

Hey everyone,

Well I got my own master air maker 8 installed and running. Pretty damn simple install. Hardest part was figuring out clearances but I got it done. I am seriously impressed with not only the size of this cooler but also the performance and lighting of it. I used the transparent top cover that comes with it as it matches my case ( CoolerMaster Trooper - Full tower) 

I do have to say one thing. I do not know how anyone who runs either mAtX or anything less than a full tower case runs this cooler. It makes my ASUS Strix GTX970 look small. 

On to performance. I run an AM3+ board with a FX-8350 Black Edition. Stock clock of 4Ghz with the 42.Ghz turbo clock option on. With my TX3 I ran around 25*C idling and 57*C gaming with current titles such as GTA V and Infinte warfare. With the MAM 8 I now run 4*C and 40*C gaming with the same titles. I should also mention the fans are idling at 850rpm to achieve that 4*C temperature. I manually control them with MSI Command Center when gaming. I run them at 1000rpm when I am gaming to achieve that 40*C temp while running all 8 cores at full turbo clock. So yea I'm seriously impressed. I'm giving my old TX3 to a friend of mine for her machine. This cooler surprised the crap outta me. 

I will also note that it cleared my chipset heatsinks, barely cleared the one next to the fan. Intel guys may be in trouble with this one. I did, however, have some issues with my RAM. Mushkin Blackline with Frostbyte heatsinks. DDR3. 2133Mhz. I had to move my RAM to the 2nd and 4th slots and move the cooler fan up one slot to the 120mm fan latch location to clear my ram. Not a big deal but just thought I should mention it. Here are some pictures. 

choose files... Click to choose files

20170216_133312.jpg

20170216_134835.jpg

20170216_143426.jpg

20170216_143916.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mohd Noh    179

nice and thanks for share the picture :)