LocoDice

Unknown Device

LocoDice    1

So i bought a new Masterkeys M 2 days ago...worked almost great...(unknown device issues) after 2 days...every time i close/restart my pc

i  have to re-plug the keyboard to work...and im also getting the unknown device bla bla bla....I installed the latest firmware but no luck...

I have also format my system with windows 10 x64...done bios defaults...no luck at all...nothing works.

ASUS P7P55-M is the motherboard...

I have also opened a ticket...waiting for response...probably i will go for RMA and buy something else...but nevermind.

Edited by LocoDice
  • Upvote 1

ogracer    0

i just got the exact same keyboard, updated firmware & still have the exact same issue you are having.

Hoping there will be a fix very soon.

UPDATE:  

OK so I took the keyboard to the warranty centre and had them test it and the keyboard worked without any problem.

They gave me a new one anyway and tested it first in the shop and it worked.

I got home, plugged it in and still have the same problem of needing to reconnect it on every reboot or startup.

(My other keyboard Ducky shine 3 has no issue or problem)

I then decided to try it on another computer at my home and it works fine.

Both PC's are running clean and up to date installs of windows 7 pro.

The effected PC has an Intel S3420gp motherboard and my other PC which has no problem has an Asus b85m gamer motherboard.

Really weird problem and I'd be interested as to what is causing it.

Edited by ogracer

Maowhree    5

Most probably the issue has to do with either the USB port(s) to which the keyboard is connected (hardware) or a driver conflict (software).

1) Is it connected to a HUB? Please make sure it is connected directly to a USB port on the motherboard rear I/O and try different ports for that matter. Also, try and disconnect the peripherals you don't need or move them around. I may be contradicting myself in the 4th point, but I'm trying to diagnose the issue here.

2) Restart your PC to a cold boot [you may shut it down, press the switch on the power supply, wait a few minutes and turn it back on]

3) Next, go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure all drivers are up to date, especially the ones involved in the USB area.

4) As a last resort, go to device manager, show hidden devices and delete all the drivers under USB controllers, mobile devices, Human Interface Device (HID) and keyboards. Please note this may or may not force you to reinstall some of them (but most frequently, it's going to be taken care of automatically by Windows, at the next reboot)

I believe this issue has little to do with the keyboard itself though, you should always reserve each USB port to a single device and do a little cleaning from time to time. Check if the issue is solved after trying each of those points, most preferably in order.

Hope it helps and you find this post useful :)

Edited by Maowhree

Liath    0
On 4/8/2017 at 4:08 PM, Maowhree said:

Most probably the issue has to do with either the USB port(s) to which the keyboard is connected (hardware) or a driver conflict (software).

1) Is it connected to a HUB? Please make sure it is connected directly to a USB port on the motherboard rear I/O and try different ports for that matter. Also, try and disconnect the peripherals you don't need or move them around. I may be contradicting myself in the 4th point, but I'm trying to diagnose the issue here.

2) Restart your PC to a cold boot [you may shut it down, press the switch on the power supply, wait a few minutes and turn it back on]

3) Next, go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and make sure all drivers are up to date, especially the ones involved in the USB area.

4) As a last resort, go to device manager, show hidden devices and delete all the drivers under USB controllers, mobile devices, Human Interface Device (HID) and keyboards. Please note this may or may not force you to reinstall some of them (but most frequently, it's going to be taken care of automatically by Windows, at the next reboot)

I believe this issue has little to do with the keyboard itself though, you should always reserve each USB port to a single device and do a little cleaning from time to time. Check if the issue is solved after trying each of those points, most preferably in order.

Hope it helps and you find this post useful :)

I am an owner of the Masterkeys Pro S and can confirm that the 2nd option (a cold boot) solved this problem.

Thank you very much. 

EDIT: Holding the power supply button for 30 to 60 to seconds will be fine. 

Edited by Liath