Sign in to follow this  
xamichee

Annoying rattling sound from side panels (Wave Master)

xamichee    0

Hello, all!

I'm having trouble with my new Wave Master making a lot of rattling/vibrating noise from the side panels. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with cables inside the case and theres a noticeable gap between the side panels and case itself, even when the screws are as tight as they can be. When i press the side panels with my hands the sound stops if they're not vibrating too much (it gets worse over time).

Is this a common problem? Please, if anyone knows how I could fix this I'd be very greatful for a solution. I like the case a lot and I'm not to keen on switching to another after just a few days...

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

your panels are bent contact cm they might be able to replace them,i know this problem cna be cause if you have a particuarly fast or cheap cd drive and the panels are only placed on not screwed on.

Wacft    0

i dont have either side panel screwed on cause i open it up so often and i never have rattling, i do have an atc-210 however which is the same chasis though. i have notice tightening needs to be repeated when using them though. ex. top to bottom, top to bottom.

xamichee    0

Thanks for replying, everyone!

It does seem like the side panels might be bent a little, but I've tightened the rails (<- ?) on the top and bottom of the side panels and it seems to do the trick. The only thing rattling now is the stupid I/O shield from my MB. I guess I have some more tightening to do this weekend...

Anyways, thanks all for your help! :wink:

220VX    0

Vibrating panels seem to be a common problem with most all aluminum cases. I know through some fine tuning of either tightening or loosening, the effect can be reduced. But does CM have any plans to improve on this area? Perhaps adding foam strips at key contact points in the case like what Lian-Li did for their PC-V1100 cases?