• Announcements

• xtian1

Win a trip to Computex 2017   03/21/2017

Get a chance to be with us and experience one of the biggest trade shows in the Industry in Taiwan with us! Check the announcements section for details on how to enter the contest.
xtian1

Cooler Master’s CPU Cooling, Power Supplies Synced with Kaby Lake and Ryzen

14 posts in this topic

Intel and AMD’s announcements of their next-gen Kaby Lake and Ryzen processors might have some of you wondering whether you’ll be looking at a total overhaul of your cooling and power supplies to accommodate the new chipsets and motherboards. Cooler Master, a leader in design and manufacturing computer components and peripherals, has already prepared for the launch of these CPUs so you can apply your existing CPU coolers and power supplies to the upgraded chips.

Power Supply Compatibility

Here is a list of Cooler Master’s power supplies currently compatible with next generation processors:

MasterWatt Maker Series

V Series

GM Series

New GX Series

Air and Liquid Cooling Compatibility

Virtually all of Cooler Master’s liquid and air coolers are compatible with Intel Kaby Lake’s LGA 1151 socket. For AMD Ryzen’s AM4 socket, any models lacking native compatibility can be adapted using an upgrade kit. Check the LINK for compatible models, and contact your local retailer or tech support to check for the availability of upgrade kits.

I have a question about the MasterLiquid120. It states its AM4 compatible on the list above and on the advertisement on CM page. The model is MLW-D12M-A20PW-R1. On newegg i only see model MLY-D12X-A20MB-R1. Is that compatible model with AM4 without upgrade kit ? I dont see model MLW-D12M-A20PW-R1 for sale in the US.

7 hours ago, knud said:

You would need an upgrade kit for the MLP 280 as well. This will be ready at the end of Q1.

So how will I go about getting one once its released ?