• Announcements

• xtian1

Win a trip to Computex 2017   03/21/2017

Get a chance to be with us and experience one of the biggest trade shows in the Industry in Taiwan with us! Check the announcements section for details on how to enter the contest.
astrotech66

AM4 Socket Support

80 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jayde Ver Elst said:

Many thanks! Heck, W10 creators update finally showed something useful with me being able to swivel around those STL files and marvel at a solution our cooling lords still haven't figured out!

Yeah the new windows 10 let's u view 3d files. 3D printing has become very much common place these days and helps people solve a lot of issues like this. It's amazing... 

And FYI... I can confirm that Donny's 3D bracket does work and fit! 

So those who cannot do metal this would definitely be the other way to go for sure! 

I had it printed just because I'm very curious to see how good it work amd the long term use with the heat in the PC... But so far so good!

So if u have access to metal altering tools then use file I uploaded. 

And if u don't and have access to 3D printing then use Donny's file which I can affirm also works. 

Good luck peeps!

Edited by Johnny Ambrosio
I'm an idiot!

2 hours ago, Jayde Ver Elst said:

Many thanks! Heck, W10 creators update finally showed something useful with me being able to swivel around those STL files and marvel at a solution our cooling lords still haven't figured out!

Oh and Jayde one thing u should know before hand... this specifically fits the mother board like Donny has... not the ASUS or MSI like I've done the metal on... 

I tested it on my cousins board which luckily he has same kind as Donny. So keep that in mind... FYI. 

Edited by Johnny Ambrosio
I'm still an idiot!

Ah crap....I've got the ASrock Fatty Pro Gaming.....aaaand now am in doubt if it would fit? Hrm...bugger......The hope was alive for a little bit at least!

2 hours ago, Donny Andersson said:

Is it Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming

Then It will fit yours to :grin:

It is!! And hopeful yays return again!

For paranoid peace of mind: How's the fit going on both ends? Nice and tight/stable? I'll probably still get the official bracket circa 2025, but this one looks nice enough to not need to be replaced.

12 hours ago, Donny Andersson said:

Is it Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming

Then It will fit yours to :grin:

I think it will fit mostly all brands that are X370 & B350

I find it funny  none of the mods have said :) since this was posted....

1 hour ago, Johnny Ambrosio said:

I think it will fit mostly all brands that are X370 & B350

Thats right it will fit all am4 8)

The only need is the metalic back plate that is provided with nearly all boards but not all :roll: or ?:shock::grin:

27 minutes ago, Donny Andersson said:

Thats right it will fit all am4 8)

The only need is the metalic back plate that is provided with nearly all boards but not all :roll: or ?:shock::grin:

I do believe all AM4 boards do have that back plate for the those hook mounts that connect to it ... 

46 minutes ago, TheChiv Gaming said:

I find it funny  none of the mods have said :) since this was posted....

They probably don't know what to say... unfortunately they get the brunt of the anger while it's not their fault. I'm sure they themselves are getting the runaround from their higher ups... 

9 hours ago, Jayde Ver Elst said:

For paranoid peace of mind: How's the fit going on both ends? Nice and tight/stable? I'll probably still get the official bracket circa 2025, but this one looks nice enough to not need to be replaced.

Both brackets metal or 3D fit fine... just with the 3d u use the back bracket and remove the hooks ... both are very stable.