• Announcements

• xtian1

Win a trip to Computex 2017   03/21/2017

Get a chance to be with us and experience one of the biggest trade shows in the Industry in Taiwan with us! Check the announcements section for details on how to enter the contest.
astrotech66

AM4 Socket Support

80 posts in this topic

I have a brand new MasterLiquid Pro 280.  When the new AMD Ryzen chip comes out, I'm planning to upgrade to that, along with a new motherboard.  I've read that the new AM4 socket for the Ryzen will be slightly different than the AM3+ and that therefore one will need new mounting hardware.  Is CoolerMaster planning to offer a kit for the new AMD socket so that the MasterLiquid coolers can be used with them?

Hi Astrotech ,

Welcome to CM forum

Please refer my attachment as blow

But i will ask CM staff regarding this issue and try update to you as soon as possible .

am4.jpg

Update :

I double checked with CM staff >  they will release in March for AM4 Bracket

if you really concerned i would like suggest you to double check with CM customer service at here : https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

Hope this can help .

7 hours ago, Timothy Laughrey said:

Thanks for info :-)

You Welcome :)

Any update for bracket on this cooler? Got my build sitting here waiting for this. Will the bracket from the pro 120/240 fit the 280?

I cant see why not, but when in doubt, email Cooler Master, or use the live Chat on Fanzone.

Well I was asking on the off chance that they might get their AM4 brackets first so I could buy one of those for a different rig and use the bracket... but I realized after posting that was silly for a number of reasons.

Still just waiting on the new bracket and response from cooler master.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:27 PM, Mason Dula said:

Any update for bracket on this cooler? Got my build sitting here waiting for this. Will the bracket from the pro 120/240 fit the 280?

I was told by CM support that the end of the month the AM4 bracket will be available for previous owners of the MasterLiquid Pro series... but if you buy a new Pro cooler they have the bracket included already... It is pretty vexing because I have to wait until end of month to install bracket... This should've been available before the chip was even released!

On 3/14/2017 at 8:35 PM, Johnny Ambrosio said:

I was told by CM support that the end of the month the AM4 bracket will be available for previous owners of the MasterLiquid Pro series... but if you buy a new Pro cooler they have the bracket included already... It is pretty vexing because I have to wait until end of month to install bracket... This should've been available before the chip was even released!

Yeah... I've had mine sitting in my rig for 2 weeks now. Thankfully Phanteks was able to get me a mounting bracket for their cooler (requested Friday afternoon and arrived Monday... now that's customer service).

Thanks for the update. At least I know what to expect now. I never did get a response from CM.