Kiel Mackinnon

MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions & Improvements Thread

xtian1    13

IIC13,

Hi! Thanks for your feedback on this product. From the pictures I see that your case does not come with the top cover that new version brings. You could consider taking a look at this accessory as a means to solve the dust issue.  

Pclinde    197

Hi IIC13,

Same thing here. It draws more dust on the top / front. Still it's on the outside of the case. :D

Kind regards,

Pim

knud    123

What is your fan configuration? On 1 picture I can see the top fans blow IN the air from the top?

Mektacular    0
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, knud said:

Your 2 radiators are turned 90 degrees, right? 

This was originally not the intended usage, but let me see if it can be changed/improved in the future.

For now, perhaps take a drill and increase the hole direction a bit? Or cut the metal bracket and allow the actual radiator to move up/down direction. (when looking at the picture)

Sorry for the super slow response.

Yes, they are rotated 90 degrees because it's the only way they fit.  With the mod suggested, I could turn them 90 degrees and have them fit correctly.

I didn't use a drill to mount the radiators (could have), but basically used some big washers to get them to hold tight.  I love the case.

Mektacular    0

This probably isn't a modification for this case as much as a recommendation for MasterCase full tower version.

This application may be very specific to my use case, but here goes, but I'm sure others would love to use an EATX motherboard.   It would be awesome if this case had an extra .75" for a motherboard and an additional slot exposed.  This would enable an EATX motherboard, like an EVGA X99, and 4 hybrid GPU's.  This would make this case awesome for a reasonable sized dedicated folding rig.  I would be okay making the case .75" taller to accommodate this, but maybe your engineers can figure it out without that.

The attached picture only has a 2 GPU's, but another will be in the box shortly.  Can't fit the 4th due to the limitations described.

Rig500k.jpg

knud    123

There is one way to make it fit: Take a dremel & drill and take out the mid plate :)

But you are going to get very, very close to the PSU.

If you don't mind to upgrade, you can check back later (computex time) for a 2nd gen frame.

Mektacular    0
57 minutes ago, knud said:

If you don't mind to upgrade, you can check back later (computex time) for a 2nd gen frame.

This case is awesome for my daily driver and I have no desire to take a dremel to it. :)  I'll definitely look into the 2nd gen frames when they come out to see if it will work for a dedicated 4 GPU box with tons of ventilation.  Either a slightly larger 5 or a 7 pro ( which would fill a hole in your line-up).

If you need a beta tester, let me know. :)

knud    123

I might come back to you on beta testing :)

Nick    1

I recently decided to install an NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller and started work on it yesterday. After removing the bays, panels, etc, it was an hour long process figuring out how to install the actual piece of hardware. In the NZXT manual, it says to use the tool-less clips to mount it, but the Pro 5 tool-less clips attach in the middle of the bay, way out of reach for the NZXT mount. Meanwhile, the Pro 5 manual has zero information on installing a fan controller, much less acknowledging that it's even possible. So, I was sitting in front of all of the hardware, pouring over installation videos for both when I noticed a couple of small L-brackets that have the same mounting points as a fan controller and for the holes in the case. Looking through the Pro 5 manual again, it doesn't even show those as included pieces with the case. Fast forward and after trying to work my hands inside the case to install these L-brackets, it turns out the front fascia needs to be removed to access them, which again isn't included in the manual. 6 clips on each side and it pops right off, so I can lay it aside and have easy access. After that, it was a matter of 10 minutes of plugging up fans and figuring out the controller before everything was good to go. 

Now, I never expect to be spoonfed information, I can mostly figure stuff out on my own like this time. But it would be in CM's best interests if they addressed this sort of installation in the manual or at least showed the user what sort of parts were needed in order to mount, along with addressing the ability to remove the front fascia.

Overall this case was a great purchase. The included fans are super quiet, even at max load, and were actually the reason I purchased the fan controller in the first place. Along with the magnetic top shroud and the super easy modulation, it was a great purchase for a first-time builder. 

• Upvote 1