Kiel Mackinnon

MasterCase Pro 5 - Feedback, Suggestions & Improvements Thread

Hi there

Im just about to purchase a Mastercase Pro 5 and looking at custom liquard loop

I think you should add a panel the connects into mod holes and clips into the right side front of case allowing for res / pump mounting and all so closing off that space

Thanks for your time :)

knud    124

I'm trying to get a clear understanding of your suggestion, but I can't image it right now.

Can you make a simple drawing or post something similar?

Suggestions.

The Hard Drive bay at the bottom across from the psu. It would be nice to see a 2.5 vertical mounting option so that it can be possible to mount more then just 2 disk and have them hidden from the main area. With the space that is available, you could have a few vertical or horizontal 2.5" bay drive options.

Also it would be nice to have an option to cover "in the main area to the right of the mobo" to hide disks or rads etc. 

Also in the main area where you already have the section for x2 2.5 inch disks, it would be cool if you could just include the holes on the bottom plate, so x2 "good looking" disks could be mounted and displayed and not covered.

Another thing I would love to see is a mountable bottom plate that holds unusual Reservoirs. such as the "Tvirus" looking ones from Frozen CPU.

It is also nice that there still is a little bit of room at the bottom  of the case between the psu and the hard drive bracket, This would be a great place to mount an ugly water pump. however i would like to see some options in the main area on the far right of the motherboard, whcih (if you include my recommendation above) would be able to be covered.

and lastly but not least,

Slidable mother board trays and back panals for different kinds of mother boards, I would love to use this case to build in a supermicro mother board that does not have its back panal in the traditional layout.

Or at least put some holes on the back panal for better "cable tie" cable management options. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Daniel Kritikos

asidscript@gmail.com

• Upvote 1

bagziters    6

Master Case 5 Series - Cooling Bracket optimization and straight Top Cover for more Radiator thickness

It should be buyable a

• a cooling Bracket with 50 or 60mm radiator thickness.  
  • The Top Cover Kit with magnet grip must be modifiy,  not inclined sloping at the backside. absolutely flat.
  • The Backside Metall-Grip-Bridge must be Higher to Make a flat Top Cover.

• The Mod-Parts can be more space for cooling and overclocking, without cut the case metall.
  • because the small place between Motherboard und Coolingbracket 
  • and because 280er not pass in the Bracket it is 30 till 40mm mm to short (length) for the standard 280mm radiator.

• Upvote 1

xtian1    13

I have passed your suggestion to the Business Unit which handles cases! Thanks for your feedback!

• Upvote 1

knud    124

Master Case 5 Series - Cooling Bracket optimization and straight Top Cover for more Radiator thickness

It should be buyable a

• The Top Cover Kit with magnet grip must be modifiy,  not inclined sloping at the backside. absolutely flat.

You want this change mainly to support thicker radiators?

• The Mod-Parts can be more space for cooling and overclocking, without cut the case metall.
  • because the small place between Motherboard und Coolingbracket 
  • and because 280er not pass in the Bracket it is 30 till 40mm mm to short (length) for the standard 280mm radiator.

We are looking into this aspect - improving 280mm radiator support with the bracket.

Thanks again for your feedback :)

Mektacular    0

I would like to see the opening in the top just a few millimeters wider so there is more flexibility to move radiators around.  The EVGA Hybrid's don't quite line up, and slightly more space to move the radiators around so the screw holes can line up wouldn't hurt anything.  See attached photo.

Mastercase 5 w EVGA Hybrid Radiators

Note: this isn't about changing distance between mounting holes, it's about making the total width of the space available for the radiator larger by just a few millimeters.  Then I could move the radiator just a little bit for the holes to line up.
Edited by Mike Kinney

knud    124

Your 2 radiators are turned 90 degrees, right? 

This was originally not the intended usage, but let me see if it can be changed/improved in the future.

For now, perhaps take a drill and increase the hole direction a bit? Or cut the metal bracket and allow the actual radiator to move up/down direction. (when looking at the picture)

IIC13    0

Hello,

i'm using the Mastercase 5 Pro and it's amazing!

I noticed much dust inside my case, i found the problem. The top part has two holes in the front and back. You could create a CAP to close these two holes. The case has also no dust filters. This grid on the top and front isn't a filter. My fans are full with dust, had no problem with my V71, it was always clean.

jFQV2p2.jpg

qV3zjXB.jpg

Uvo0ZMC.jpg

Edited by IIC13