xtian1

Case Fans - Feedback, Suggestions & Improvements Thread

xtian1    13

Hello Case Fan Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

Henry Li    0

I bought one MAsterfan pro rgb 120 and it sounds like a lawnmower. A LOT of coil whine lol. Otherwise quite good.

VWood    0

Hi,

If I can make a suggestion it would be to give a clearer idea about which fans work best for which type of restriction. The data graphs on the Master Fan series showing their performance at different pressure levels is great but it is only really useful if we know what kind of pressure is required to overcome specific barriers.

For example: I might have a case that has a hard drive bay that has 5 openings of about 1cm wide each between the bays. Which fan would be best suited to this situation? The air-balance fan has dramatically  better performance at most pressure ratings than the air-pressure variant, it is only above 3mmH2O pressure that the air-pressure fan starts to pull ahead. So which would be better suited for this situation? Does it count as a 3mmH2O or above restriction?

I would suggest that you show actual examples of fans being tested with different restrictions and the airflow achieved. Also, use different combinations of restrictions like a HDD drive bay in front of the fan and simultaneously a dust filter at the fan's intake etc.

This will lead to far more informed purchasing decisions and would make those charts that you show for the fans more useful.

Thank you.