xtian1

MasterKeys Lite - Feedback, Suggestions & improvements Thread

xtian1    13

Hello MasterKeys Lite Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

Hello everyone! 

First of all I would like to say I am very happy with this combo at the price point it is. I came from an old Microsoft media keyboard and the jump from standard membrane to the "mem-chanical" is pretty sweet, even though not a real mech, still pretty awesome.

My issues have been minor so far. I guess the most serious one is that the mouse wheel started squeaking quite a bit on the second day of use. I ordered some dielectric silicon paste to lubricate it better, still waiting on the arrival. Still, a brand new mouse should not present this issue.

As far as the keyboard goes, I noticed the forward and back media functions (home and end keys) work reversed with spotify. I still could not find a way to fix this...
No other serious issues so far.

For improvements and suggestions:
1- I wish the LEDs were a bit brighter. Using it during the day forces me to stay in the green color as it feels the brightest.

2- An "overall" suggestion for keyboards in general: media keys should ALWAYS be on the left hand side, regardless of being dedicated or function keys.
It is a lot more natural to keep your hand on the mouse and change the volume or other media functions with the left hand, just like pressing any other key.
An example would be to map Vol - and + to the "1" and "2" keys, back and forward to "3" and "4" and pressing ALT for the function. It is a very natural movement, a lot more than taking your right hand off the mouse or crossing the left hand all over the keyboard to reach the "PAGE UP" button.
3- Caps Lock is a key that should always have its own LED to indicate activation right on the key. Also makes no sense pressing a key on the left side and have an indicator light 40cm away... :wink:

All in all, pretty good job putting this option together for this price. Well balanced and a great mid point!

All the best!

rhyghie    0

My Mastekey lite L keyboard, the RGB lights are not working properly, sometimes they light up, but most of the time the lights are too dim that you can't almost tell if there is a light on the keyboard, i have use the keyboard for just 1week now and the RGB are not functioning properly now and the RGB's are the reason i buy this combo too.

snask    0

I recently purchased this keyboard/mouse combo and I'm about 95% happy with it barring one issue:

The keyboard's spacebar is unreliable unless you tap it in its middle!

I've now worked around the issue by pulling the key and putting some thin strips of electrical tape to each internal side of the space bar's central button and now it's working perfectly with a bit of extra weight.  Either the space bar key needs to be designed to weigh a bit more considering it's the largest key by far or the space button's key needs to be made a bit more sensitive to allow consistent recognition of a space bar press.

Great value keyboard/mouse combo otherwise.