xtian1

MasterKeys Pro M - Feedback, Suggestions & Improvements Thread

xtian1    14

Hello MasterKeys Pro M Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

xorly    1

Hello,

I posted about backlight flicker problem here: 

It could be easily fixed for mode when all keys are backlit with same intensity.

AFAIK, there is no possible fix for other modes, just improvement when muxing frequency would go higher. (hw limitation)

It is pity, that bottom characters are not backlit, only top ones. I use combined part on right as non-numpad. Unfortunately INS, DEL, HOME,... are dim and unused numbers are backlit. This is keycap design and LED placement limitation. Only some smart keycap design in future can fix this.

And last problem I noticed, some keys ring on release. In my case: X, END, "

It happens on release. Maybe problem with switch springs?

I use Linux, so flashing FW with windows app could be problem, but doable.

Dennis    0

I can't exactly write about what I like, because I couldn't get my hands on a keyboard yet but I can tell you what I really, really dislike and what makes me really sad:

- Availability of different versions in Germany (or overall Europe I guess?)

I am looking for the following keyboard configuration for at least 7 months now:

- Compact Layout like MasterKeys Pro M or Quickfire TK

- Cherry MX Blue Switches

- German Layout (I would even use the US layout because I am sick of waiting :()

When it comes to Cooler Master keyboards with German Layout, Cooler Master almost always only offers MX Brown or MX Red switches and I really don't understand why. I was (and still am) looking for a used Quickfire TK with MX Blues but I can only find offers with MX Browns or MX Reds. Today, I found the MasterKeys Pro M Series for the first time and it's the same thing all over again. The retailer Alternate has a MasterKeys Pro M White with MX Browns in stock but I just don't want to buy one with MX Browns as I have used MX Browns for the last 3 years now and I really like the MX Blues.

Please do something about the availability of different versions!

Maowhree    5

What about buying two keyboards or a separate keyboard set and replace the keycaps?
You might look for a dead kb on eBay and salvage the keycaps if they are in good shape.
Also, there is plenty of cheap backlit mechanical keyboards with translucent keycaps on Amazon, you might order one of those and see how they look

EDIT: I know this doesn't answer your question, which is legit, but it's been like that for ages now and I believe there are no plans of doing what you ask, so might as well do it on your own. Please read my post as a suggestion in case CoolerMaster isn't willing to change their marketing policy

Edited by Maowhree

Accipiter    0
On 2017-01-12 at 8:27 AM, xtian1 said:

Hello MasterKeys Pro M Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

I have one suggestion that would make the media keys more pleasant to use.

Please make the active profile and repeat rate key wait for ~1 second before they flash white. It is annoying and ugly that they flash when adjusting the volume for example.

Regards

Accipiter

My Masterkeys Pro M was just delivered and I am pretty much in love with the layout and typing feel. I have been using a Deck Hassium Pro with Mx Cherry Brown at work but wanted something more compact but did not want to give up the numpad. The Masterkeys Pro M layout is perfect for me. I am also amazed that the Browns on this Masterkeys feel MUCH better than those on the Hassium Pro. Weird. Not sure why that would be. Both are using MX Charry Browns. To me the browns on the Masterkeys feel a bit more like the MX Cherry Clears on one of my other boards. Not exactly, but much better tactile feel than the Hassium for sure.

I also do not mind the ABS keys on the Masterkeys. They feel much better than I expected. The 00 key if going to come in handy for the data entry work I do all day.

Enough of the raving, onto the problem I am hoping you can solve...

My job is to key data into an asset management system all day. I have a lot of common repetitive data fields to enter (like a specific warranty date or 10-20 digit code) and because this a corporate system we are not allowed to install any software... like software based macro systems etc. So having a hardware-only macro keyboard is a sweet asset. I just spent the last hour testing out the macro function on the Masterkeys and it works pretty well, the only issue is that the macro playback is at the same rate it was entered. The Deck boards playback at a much accelerated rate. I like that. When I hit PN+<macro key> on the Deck Hassium pro, the data just appears instantly. Sometimes I will have hundreds of changes to make and during recording a macro I have to think about what I am doing to make sure I get all the keystrokes correct. Having to sit and watch the keystrokes playback at that slow pace is not really helping all that much.

Is there any way in a future firmware update that CM can include a feature so macro playback speed can be accelerated?

If you can make a setting to NOT record the time of keystrokes being entered, that would be HUGE and make this board the PERFECT asset to my job.

thanx

Mjr

Edited by Michael Jones

Have posted on Twitter, no response. Submitted support ticket, no response. Posted to CM Forum, no response. Even a "Thank you for asking, but no one cares about your stupid macro question." would feel better.

• Upvote 1

H.A    0

I have just received my Masterkeys Pro M rgb, and I only see design flaws, most of them can be easily fixed by firmware upgrade, but as Michael Jones said: Who cares? Definitely not cooler master, who charges a premium and delivers half baked products.
List of problems right under.

H.A    0

Problems

• No direct brightness settings but OK, even a 10$ backlit keyboard have this, but it might have been "too hard" to implement...
  • No way to have the arrow keys light up when they're active and turned down when inactive (it was done in the quickfire tk marvelously, what happened guys...). Don't tell me about the numLock LED, the Quickfire TK had it and it was perfectly managed with or without the full LEDs on.
  • No mute shortcut: Stupid! Put it on num3...
  • Not programmable through the software, so it can't really be managed if you have a lot of shortcuts. At least being able to delete or see the currently active shortcuts would be enough.
  • Caps lock doesn't stay on when activated (again the quickfire tk was doing it, a way cheaper Anne pro board is doing it too...)
  • No way to switch between n-key rollover and 6-key rollover, which is very convenient even with recent BIOSes. Once again the quickfire tk was doing it...
  • The SDK is a joke. What you code doesn't go into the keyboard, it's just a small exe running under windows, so I can't even solve the problems myself (and I shouldn't have to) as I'm supposed to use that keyboard on different setups with different OSs.

I had three quickfire tk and loved the boards, I took the plunge with the masterkeys pro m because of the programmability and wanted to test rgb too, but the Masterkeys is basically a half baked product where LEDs are poorly controlled (definitely not "intelligent lightning", it's either on or off here) and programmability is there but hard to manage.
Very disappointed here.
Everything is half-baked except the marketing and that rainbow effect!
If only I knew, I would have got a second Anne Pro instead of that semi-developed keyboard... So mad at myself for buying this, because I'm pretty sure they're not updating the board...