xtian1

MasterKeys Pro S - Feedback, Suggestions & Improvements Thread

xtian1    14

Hello MasterKeys Pro S,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

• Upvote 1

kartana    5

I have the problem that when I load the MasterKeys software and it goes through all the profiles (probably loading it from the keyboard) the buttons F7 and F9 swap colors in all the profiles. I can edit the colors with the program for all profiles and save them and close the program. Everything is as it should be. But as soon as I load the program again, those keys swap their color.

I tried resetting and all. I do believe it's a software error though since it just happens when the app loads the settings in.

I also noticed that some LED colors make a slight buzzing sound coming from the area around F9 to F12. If I set the color to a dark white it is so loud that I can hear it from 5 feet away. I thought about using a different USB port and it worked. The noise was gone but when I turned the PC off and on again it was back. I can then make it go away again if I just unplug the USB cable and reconnect it. What could that be? 

Edited by kartana
  • Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8
On 12/01/2017 at 6:49 PM, kartana said:

I have the problem that when I load the MasterKeys software and it goes through all the profiles (probably loading it from the keyboard) the buttons F7 and F9 swap colors in all the profiles. I can edit the colors with the program for all profiles and save them and close the program. Everything is as it should be. But as soon as I load the program again, those keys swap their color.

I tried resetting and all. I do believe it's a software error though since it just happens when the app loads the settings in.

I also noticed that some LED colors make a slight buzzing sound coming from the area around F9 to F12. If I set the color to a dark white it is so loud that I can hear it from 5 feet away. I thought about using a different USB port and it worked. The noise was gone but when I turned the PC off and on again it was back. I can then make it go away again if I just unplug the USB cable and reconnect it. What could that be? 

I don't have any buzzing sound on my keyboard (could that be "coil whine"?) but I've also noticed that bug on the software. The exact same keys (F7 and F9) change colors each time I open the software and then I need to manually change them to the color I want again.

It's not a big deal but a fix would be appreciated none the less.

xtian1    14

Kartana and FruitLoop,

Thanks for your feedback on this product. I just passed along your comments on the MasterKeys Software issue and they mentioned it should be addressed with latest software update. Let me know if this solves your issue.

• Upvote 1

Erik    0
On 26/1/2017 at 3:03 AM, xtian1 said:

Thanks for your feedback on this product. I just passed along your comments on the MasterKeys Software issue and they mentioned it should be addressed with latest software update. Let me know if this solves your issue.

Did you mean version 0.052? Because this version also has the F7/F9 bug.

Hello

I recently bought the masterkeys pro s and i like it!

but one thing is not so good (in my opinion): the lack of the menu-key (yes, i know, the fn button is on the position and i knew it, before i bought the keyboard :p).

as an suggestion for the next firmware update: if fn is pressed without an another key, then the context-menu should open and if fn is pressed with an another key, do the command on this

thanks for reading
alex

Edited by AlexSchaefer

Gary Brown    0

I know I'm a week late, but I figured better late than never. I love almost everything about this keyboard except some lighting stuff. First I think it might've already been brought up but "CAPSLK" and "SCRLK" are only on when active so it can sort of be annoying. Instead of having them off maybe have them stay on but blink or something when active. Another "gripe" I have is in multi-layer. I wish you could use the same effect more than once, so each half of the keyboard could be color-wave but in opposite direction or something along those lines. Also if you could put active effects on top of passive effects that would be amazing. Ripple on top of static would be an example. Leading on to my final suggestion, Ripple. It doesn't actually ripple out like most ripple effects. if you could double click to choose the type of ripple effect you want that would be very appreciated.

Thanks for considering,

Gary B

Edited by Gary Brown

ben    0

Hello, I haven't purchased any of your products yet (wanting to buy the masterkeys pro s white)  I can see two issues I think are valid; 

1 - The USB cable is far to small, I have an electric stand desk and the 1.5 meter cable is going to cause me a few issues, I can see it bothering others too, who keep their PC below the desk, seems like a bit of a oversight for such a well designed stylish keyboard. 

My desk is 800mm wide and the keyboard cable is uses 500mm before dropping down, when standing my desk can goto 1250mm but I have it at 1113mm with my PC on the floor it will end up stretching the cable.

2 - How the cable connects to the keyboard via such a small connector and why it's not hidden under the keyboard with option to have the cable to be drawn from the right, left and center of the keyboard. 

All that aside really well designed, minimal keyboard can't wait to buy one! 

Been loving the keyboard so far, and my suggestion is not specific to the S model.

Even though I game a little, I'm a developer and use my keyboard to code the most. One thing some developers do is override the Caps Lock key and I even like to go the extra mile and override the print screen, screen lock, and pause keys, but the fact that the caps and scroll lock key's light only comes on when it is in fact "locked" kinda sucks. I wish I could have the light on regardless. It would be nice to build that remapping into the software to remap certain keys like the caps and scroll lock, but I use sharp keys to achieve it currently. 

I posted about this on reddit, but just found this forum. Since you're asking, here's a change that would be welcome.

I enjoy the Color Wave effect the most so far. Front to back. The only thing about this scheme is that the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock keys don't light up with the rest of them, and it looks like something's wrong with the effect. They do participate in the wave scheme when they are toggled, though. But no one wants Caps Lock activated all the time just for a light effect.

I would like there to be a way through the software, or programming the keyboard somehow, to switch things so that the Scroll Lock and Caps Lock keys participate in the color scheme when deactivated, but don't participate when activated.