xtian1

MasterLiquid 240 - Feedback, Suggestions & improvements Thread

Mohd Noh    179
2 hours ago, DemLuik said:

Hello,

I installed this aio, and i found the pump to be pretty loud, ive read review of the pro version and it's seems pretty quiet so i hoped that this new version would be the same, also it's my first aio so the noise is maybe normal but against my old cpu cooler (a scythe mugen 3) it's night and day.

I run the pump at full speed since this is what most site recommended for aio in general.

Other than that it perform really good keep my cpu at really low temp 20°C while browsing and sub 40°C while playing, all the hardware supply with this aio feel high quality and the fan are pretty good also

Hi 

welcome to CM forum , thanks for your feedback ... and may i know how you install this cooling ?

my 240 is super silent .... 

DemLuik    0

I installed it according to the instructions, in the front of my s340 elite (cpu is a 6700k), this is my first aio install but no my first pc build 

Maybe the glass panel do a really poor job isolating sound, when you open your side panel do you hear it more ?

Gerald    0

Yesterday I have installed the Master Liquid 240 in my system and connected the pomp to the cpu fan header. In my BIOS this header is set took PWM. I can see that the pomp is running between 450 and 700 rpm. Is that right? In the specifications of the 240 non pro the pomp has fixed speed. Should I set it to fixed voltage in the BIOS? 

Mohd Noh    179
11 hours ago, Gerald said:

Yesterday I have installed the Master Liquid 240 in my system and connected the pomp to the cpu fan header( pump connector to system fans header ). In my BIOS this header is set took PWM. I can see that the pomp is running between 450 and 700 rpm. Is that right? In the specifications of the 240 non pro the pomp has fixed speed. Should I set it to fixed voltage in the BIOS? 

check this : How to determine if the pump is functioning on your liquid cooler

Chris    0

Hi, I'm not sure my cooler is working very well at all.  This is an all new system build with MSI Tomahawk B350 board and Ryzen 5 1600X CPU. I installed everything yesterday, including the Masterliquid 240. I have the radiator mounted to the front of the case, with both fans pulling air in from the outside. The pump is attached to the CPU with Arctic Silver paste; the pump fan cable is connected to the PUMP fan header on the mobo; the two fans are connected to the Y-cable, which is plugged into the CPU fan header on the board.  So far my temps seem to be awful - HWMonitor is showing the average CPU temp at around 60 degrees, though it seems to constantly bounce between 50 and 65.  It's maxed at 76 and never dropped below 48, and that's while idling. This doesn't look right at all.  As far as fan speeds go, HWMon lists the pump fan from 2710-2766 RPM, and the CPU fan from 899-1622.  Does any of this sound right?  Do I have a bad cooler, or is there something I can do to fix it?

Deexeq    0
Posted (edited)

Hi, around the logo a plastic is shining, probably badly painted. So conceived or treated under warranty? Normally you can not take a picture because the illumination lights up, but you can see.

j6Yb3VyNpc4.jpg

ktaTubFVb5c.jpg

NjRqhE0HdK4.jpg

Edited by Deexeq

Mohd Noh    179
48 minutes ago, Deexeq said:

Hi, around the logo a plastic is shining, probably badly painted. So conceived or treated under warranty? Normally you can not take a picture because the illumination lights up, but you can see.

Welcome to CM forum .

Hi Deexeq , i know what you mean , what can i say here is that is a normal because im using ML 240 since January until today.( the light can more bright when you speed the pump )

If you really concerned please contact customer service for more detail.

Update : talk with some one , he told this is normal :)

Deexeq    0
17 minutes ago, Mohd Noh said:

Welcome to CM forum .

Hi Deexeq , i know what you mean , what can i say here is that is a normal because im using ML 240 since January until today.( the light can more bright when you speed the pump )

If you really concerned please contact customer service for more detail.

Update : talk with some one , he told this is normal :)

Thank you very much.

Mohd Noh    179
21 hours ago, Deexeq said:

Thank you very much.

Youre welcome :)

Owner this cooling and im very satisfied :)

Deexeq    0
3 hours ago, Mohd Noh said:

Youre welcome :)

Owner this cooling and im very satisfied :)

I'm happy, my FX-8320E is under 40°C load, and in simple 20°C.