xtian1

Master Liquid 120 - Feedback, Suggestions & improvements Thread

xtian1    14

Hello Master Liquid 120 Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

Love it so far.....but:

What speed should the pump be running? I have it on an AM4 system (Asus Prime X370) and I'm sure at first it was running at 2700 all the time, but now (after bios update to 0515) it's running at variable speeds.  Which should it be doing?  Either way, it is keeping my cpu cool.

Also - I've installed it blowing air out of my case, is this correct?

Edit - used Asus fanxpert to change profile to standard - then pump increased to 2700 - is this right now?

Edited by John Hamilton
found solution!

Really nice and quiet liquid AIO cooler. 

I installed it in push/pull config with a MasterFan Pro 120 AB on pull.  Worked great...until...:-?

After cleaning it, I reinstalled the MasterFan Pro with the selector on P (performance mode) as ambient air is warmer(summer).  Turned power on and it ate into the radiator fins and busted a fan blade. :-x Thinking it was an install error (too tight) on my part, I installed a second MasterFan Pro in performance mode, rechecked everything, but same result.  Gouged radiator and a 2nd broken fan.:angryfire: 

Then it clicked, the fan blades on the MasterFan Pro AB, change shape and will protrude further forward than its housing.  :banghead:

So don't use the MasterFan Pro in performance mode (P) if it is on the pull side.  :(

Otherwise easy install and looks/works great for my rig.  

chris    0

I would love to use it but there is no AM4 bracket in the box!!! it was advertised as AM4 ready but clearly isn't! 

Vincent    0
On 1/11/2017 at 8:28 PM, xtian1 said:

Hello Master Liquid 120 Owners,

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about this product along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Regards,

Xtian1

The manual sucks....extremely vague...im told of a private manual that has more detailed info on the controller itself. Not sure why thats not included with the product...so far im not happy with my purchase

ghost427    0

I have owned this product for less than a year. During installation, I ended up throwing the directions in the garbage because there were no directions for how to mount it onto my motherboard, only that it could be mounted on my board with my CPU. After roughly an hour of fiddling around with the pieces, I found a way to mount the thing onto my board. The screws that hold the U-brackets onto the cooler to not bite into the pump, and therefore serve little to no purpose and leave the entire assembly much less stable than a CPU cooler should be, so once I got my new PC up and running the first thing I did was download a CPU-temp monitor program and have that running every second I have my computer on to be sure nothing is coming loose. Moving forward approximately 6 months, no more. Up until this point, the cooler has done a great job. My 10 core Intel CPU has never gotten above 40 degrees centigrade and its a dream. Today, out of nowhere, I hear the fan kick into over drive, immediately pull up that core temp monitoring software, and the CPU is running at 90 degrees and is climbing. I turn the computer off, disassemble the cooler, clean it out, check plugs, put it all back together and turn my desktop back on to find the temperature not improving. I turned my desktop off once more, disassemble once again and scrape off the old thermal paste and apply new paste, put it all back together and try again, and again I find no improvement. so now, I'm typing this on my crap top because I cannot turn my desktop on without destroying a $1000 CPU, I cannot reach customer service by phone, I cannot place a support ticket because your website has a serial number field that thinks its a drop down box without options instead of a text field, and all of this is happening because this product doesn't have a lifespan of even a year. So long story short, I hate this product and will not be purchasing another Cooler Master CPU cooler after I get my money back for this one. It this particular item has only been in existence since March of last year (according to the warranty status on your website), so my warranty will be covering a refund.

bipolarsuxs    0

This was my first time ever putting a Liquid Cooler on my PC. Despite the instructions being difficult, I was able to get it on, I tested my PC. I did not like the results. I moved the cooler and had it set correctly, straight, and dead on. I have not moved my ML120 RGB since a week after I bought it.

I have an R5 2600 @4.2GHz temps: 29 lowest idle MAX Temp while gaming in 4K; GTA V, Gears 5, Assassins Creed Odyssey 75c, G.Skill 16GB @2833MHz

MSI X470 Gaming Plus, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 8GB. WD Black 1TB - no M.2 or SSD CINEBENCH 3156.

I will say without the Shadow Of A Doubt that the @Cooler Master ML120 RGB Liquid Cooler does its job, and then some. I need to tuck my wires but otherwise my RIG does good things all parts included.

image.png

image.png

Edited by bipolarsuxs