kevin

Master case pro5 Thumb screws stuck

kevin    0

Hi, Im new to the forum and this is my first PC build so please bare with me.

I just got my case a week ago or so, I wont be building for a month still but i was going over the case and just checking it out and noticed all the thumb screws are super tight, To tight i cant get any of them off.
Except for two on the side panel that took my more then 5 minutes to loosen.
When the case is shipped is this normal? And if so how am i to loosen these screws.
They do have a insert on them for a screwdriver but what kind is that that i need...

Ill bet most of you reading this are thinking wow this guy is an idiot LOL... Ya your probable right :)
But i could still use a hand here.

Thank you.

-=SpH!Nx=-    9
On 1/7/2017 at 4:15 PM, kevin said:

Hi, Im new to the forum and this is my first PC build so please bare with me.

I just got my case a week ago or so, I wont be building for a month still but i was going over the case and just checking it out and noticed all the thumb screws are super tight, To tight i cant get any of them off.
Except for two on the side panel that took my more then 5 minutes to loosen.
When the case is shipped is this normal? And if so how am i to loosen these screws.
They do have a insert on them for a screwdriver but what kind is that that i need...

Ill bet most of you reading this are thinking wow this guy is an idiot LOL... Ya your probable right :)
But i could still use a hand here.

Thank you.

Hi kevin and welcome to the forums!

May I ask, how did you able to remove the 2 screws? By finger or did you used a screwdriver? If you feel it's too tight if your removing them by fingers, try using a screw driver and if I remember correctly, rotating it "counter-clockwise" is for loosening and clockwise for tightening. If they still doesn't come off, there might be some thread on the thumb screws that might got damaged, although I doubt that, but its a possibility. :)

kevin    0
On 1/10/2017 at 9:04 AM, -=SpH!Nx=- said:

Hi kevin and welcome to the forums!

May I ask, how did you able to remove the 2 screws? By finger or did you used a screwdriver? If you feel it's too tight if your removing them by fingers, try using a screw driver and if I remember correctly, rotating it "counter-clockwise" is for loosening and clockwise for tightening. If they still doesn't come off, there might be some thread on the thumb screws that might got damaged, although I doubt that, but its a possibility. :)

The two on the main side panel i was able to remove by using a rag for added grip, This did not work for the back panel.
And the thumb screws in the case are in to narrow/deep to really get my fingers in there.
I saw a pc build on youtube were the guy used a screwdriver for this exact issue and worked no problem for him so im just going to have to find a bigger screwdriver to use.

Im really happy with this case, And overall is very nice with lots of room to work with..
But for the price i paid i should not be having this issue with it.
There called thumb screws for a reason.. They shouldn't be tightened with such force.

-=SpH!Nx=-    9
1 hour ago, kevin said:

The two on the main side panel i was able to remove by using a rag for added grip, This did not work for the back panel.
And the thumb screws in the case are in to narrow/deep to really get my fingers in there.
I saw a pc build on youtube were the guy used a screwdriver for this exact issue and worked no problem for him so im just going to have to find a bigger screwdriver to use.

Im really happy with this case, And overall is very nice with lots of room to work with..
But for the price i paid i should not be having this issue with it.
There called thumb screws for a reason.. They shouldn't be tightened with such force.

I do have my own Pro5, had a similar issue with a few of the thumb screws but by simply using a large enough screw driver, I got them removed no problem. Let us know if you got the screws out with a proper size screw driver. Have fun with the case and if you have any suggestions to improve the case, let us know!