• Announcements

• CM Nick

AM4 Socket Support   04/24/2017

Due to technical issues, the topic on "AM4 Socket Support" has disappeared. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we are trying our best to have this topic back up as soon as possible.   As we read in the topic, there is a lot of discussion going on when the new brackets will be arriving. We can tell you now that the brackets will be ready for pre-order on our CM Store EU tomorrow and will be ready for shipment around the 16th of May.   You can continue the discussion in this newly created topic:     
xtian1

MasterCase Maker 5t - Feedback, Suggestions & improvements Thread

13 posts in this topic

Hello MasterCase Maker 5t Owners,

Please post any type of feedback below about  the MasterCase 5 or Pro 5.

We want to hear everything you like and don't like about the chassis along with any suggestions or Improvements.

Hello everybody!

I've bought a MasterCase Maker 5T last week.

It's a super case! Modularity and versatility are unsurpassed and it's the most beautiful case i've never seen.

But it has a small problem. the top of case it's too closed for a liquid cooling. The air is hard to go out and the radiator is hard to cool.

With a AMD FX-8350 under stress and the top cover open, the cpu goes to 35°C. But when i close the top cover, it goes to 44-45°C.

It's a small flaw. But otherweis it remains the best case.

22 hours ago, Dark_93 said:

Hello everybody!

I've bought a MasterCase Maker 5T last week.

It's a super case! Modularity and versatility are unsurpassed and it's the most beautiful case i've never seen.

But it has a small problem. the top of case it's too closed for a liquid cooling. The air is hard to go out and the radiator is hard to cool.

With a AMD FX-8350 under stress and the top cover open, the cpu goes to 35°C. But when i close the top cover, it goes to 44-45°C.

It's a small flaw. But otherweis it remains the best case.

thanks for the feedback!

Ah yes! The top panel. Looks like once I get my hands on the 5T (as soon as it gets available where I live), I will try to do some modding on the top panel to see if it will affect the structure of it. Haven't seen one up close so I can't provide any "tips or tricks" to get better airflow but will do once I get one. Meanwhile, how's the top handle? Do you feel that it's sturdy enough to hold a fully water cooled system? I am curious to know myself. :)

And do you have any suggestions in mind that can improve the 5T? Of course, beside the first small problem that you mentioned. 

34 minutes ago, -=SpH!Nx=- said:

thanks for the feedback!

Ah yes! The top panel. Looks like once I get my hands on the 5T (as soon as it gets available where I live), I will try to do some modding on the top panel to see if it will affect the structure of it. Haven't seen one up close so I can't provide any "tips or tricks" to get better airflow but will do once I get one. Meanwhile, how's the top handle? Do you feel that it's sturdy enough to hold a fully water cooled system? I am curious to know myself. :)

And do you have any suggestions in mind that can improve the 5T? Of course, beside the first small problem that you mentioned. 

Your welcome!!

A little advice. If you can improve the air flow on the top, you must remember to not to use a 280mm radiator, because the slot it's too small (max 297mm, the MasterLiquid 280 it's longer), and i don't recommend the MasterFan because if you put this fan with the face down for let out the air upwards, it starts to vibrate so that emits an annoying noise. It's a shame, because the MasterFan are fabulous, silent and efficient.

I recommend a 140mm radiator to put to the back slot. :wink:

The top handle it's very strong, although i prefer for safety to keep it from under.

Remember to use a Main Board with 2 slot of USB 3.0.. i've got a Crosshair V Formula with only a slot. Result, i can use only two USB 3.0 out of four. :?

Almost finished putting together my new system with the nice Cooler MasterCase Maker 5T.  I like the case but probably should have gone for a full tower instead of the mid-tower. I placed my CPU cooler (Corsair H115i - 280MM) on the top with the fans on the top of the radiator and pushing air from the outside toward the radiator.  It took me maybe 3 hours to do this as it was the first time for me installing a liquid CPU cooler.  It took me a long time as I removed the top part, attached the cooler to the top part and then tried to install it back inside the case.  It would not fit through the top of the case or under the case.  You have to hold the radiator against the top, place the two fans on top of the radiator, and then place the 8 screws into the top to secure everything.  It requires patience... lots of patience but I got it tightly secured to the top. 

The problem with place the cooler on the top is the fact the cage holding the DVD player will not fit anymore so I cannot use my DVD player.  Not a major issue as I have another system and a laptop that has a DVD player and I can copy the contents to a USB thumb drive and run the setup from there.  I will probably cut down the cage to make it fit as my DVD player will fit without hitting the radiator.

The USB 3.0 issue - My ASUS Maximus IX Hero Motherboard has one slot so the other 3.0 plug provided by Cooler Master cannot be used or connected to the other USB 3.0 connection on the MB as it is too small.  Need an adapter like the following -  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6V85131932&cm_re=usb_3_header_adapter-_-9SIA6V85131932-_-Product.  That might work.

The user manual - pretty much useless, at least for someone like me who might put a system together every 3-4 years.  I used YouTube to get explanations where I got stuck.  I did like the packages of screws that came with the system with information for where the screws should be used.

I had to change/turnaround the rod that is used for holding down the graphics card as the rod would not allow me to install my graphics card.  I turned the rod around to the two angles were facing toward the MB.  I might remove it entirely as it really does not have a purpose for me.  My Nvidia 1080 fix snugly in its slot.  Right now it is doing a nice job holding the rear of the video card.  I cannot envision a card falling out of the slots as long as it is secured to the case in the back.

I still have not closed the case as I have to install more SSD's/HDD's.  I currently just have the Samsung 960 EVO card installed on the MB.  That SSD is absolutely awesome!  The temperatures appear to be excellent but won't know for sure until the case is closed up.

It is a beautiful case and I don't mind paying more for a good looking case!  I love the fact it has the led/fan panel on the back so you don't have all kinds of wires going to the MB fans.

Jim

Hey man can you share some picture ?

This is a picture of the top of the case with the CPU cooler fans set to blow air at the cooler radiator -

DSC_0002.jpg

This is a picture inside the case showing the radiator at the top.  As I mentioned above, I stated I could not get the cage for the DVD player installed as the right side of the radiator was in the way.  While taking a picture I noted there was some space at the bottom right of the radiator and wondered if I could get the cage under it. 

DSC_0004.jpg

In the following image you can see where I laid the cage next to the radiator to see if it was possible.

DSC_0009.jpg

As you can see in the following image, the cage was successfully installed but I had to use the lower part of the cage as trying to put the DVD player in the top part was stopped by the cooler.  Still, it is possible to install a cooler and the DVD cage .

DSC_0013.jpg

I'm still putting the system together and hope to have a picture of the final product and case soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Hey Jim ,

Thanks for sharing the picture .. indeed your system looking great just the optical drive bay is touching the radiator if put it on the top side .

once again thanks ... 

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This is a picture of the top of the case with the CPU cooler fans set to blow air at the cooler radiator -

DSC_0002.jpg

This is a picture inside the case showing the radiator at the top.  As I mentioned above, I stated I could not get the cage for the DVD player installed as the right side of the radiator was in the way.  While taking a picture I noted there was some space at the bottom right of the radiator and wondered if I could get the cage under it. 

DSC_0004.jpg

In the following image you can see where I laid the cage next to the radiator to see if it was possible.

DSC_0009.jpg

As you can see in the following image, the cage was successfully installed but I had to use the lower part of the cage as trying to put the DVD player in the top part was stopped by the cooler.  Still, it is possible to install a cooler and the DVD cage .

DSC_0013.jpg

I'm still putting the system together and hope to have a picture of the final product and case soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, i've got the same idea for the 280 radiator.. but there's a problem with the dust.

If you put the fan under the radiator there's not a problem because it don't pull up the dust.

Today i've got some problems with the MasterFan 140 Air Pressure. I can't control the speed. If i connect the fan at the CPU Fan it's all ok, but if i connect at the Chasis Fan, it just goes over 1100 rpm. And at this speed it make an annoying noise.

Anyway.. as soon as i finish to assembling my computer, i send you some picture.

Thanks for all.

Bye!!!:grin:

Hello everybody!!

I'm back!!

I did some tests with some fans and watercooling radiators.

The MasterFans it's too difficult to configure with the ChassisFan plug. The fan go too fast and take noise. I can control the RPM only with the CPUFan plug.

The standard fans are very good, silent and efficient!! :thumbleft:

I replaced the MasterLiquid 240 with a MasterLiquid 140 because the MasterFan have got a problem when you put the face down for throw the air upwards. At this moment the computer is very very silent.

Now i post some picture to let you see my configuration.