andrew baines

computer crashing since fitting watercooler!!

Hi people hope you can help,

so i got my new gaming rig last Christmas and it's been cool bananas all year not a problem running battlefield 3/4 some steam games. Just before this Christmas got bf1, star wars battlefront and the division. like i said no problems what so ever and this was all on the stock cooler. (i know hard to believe) 

Anyway got a cooler-master seidon 240v for this Christmas but since fitting it 9 days ago my PC has crashed to blue screen and rebooted 5 times now!!!

installed as the instructions said, connected the fans to the CPU_FAN header and the pump to the CPU_OPT. <<<<< is this right??

through the bios I've set the CPU_OPT at full speed as a read on some forums that the pump should be running at full speed all the time and the fans on the CPU_FAN are controlled by the computer/temp sensor <<<<<< is this right???

downloaded Speedfan 4.52 &  Speccy to watch the temps. at idle my cpu temp is around 29-32c with the pump running at 2136 rpm and the fans at 770-830rpm. but when i'm gaming  i'm getting temp spikes of 77/80c!!!  

just not sure what to do now. have i set up right?

should i take it out clean the CPU and water block and apply paste again and see what happens?

i know one thing i had no crashes or blue screens till i fitted this cooler.

system specs are

• case                         AVP venom blue VE-10B
  • OS                            windows 10 - 64bit
  • CPU                          I7 4790k @ 4.00Ghz not OC'ed
  • Ram                          2x4Gb corsair vengeance 
  • Mobo                        Gigabyte Z97x-gaming plus
  • Graphics card           Nvidia/Gigabyte GTX 960 4Gb
  • Storage                     240Gb SSd main drive / 1Tb Seagate SShd

20161225_205925.jpg

20161225_193053.jpg

Mohd Noh    179

Hi Andrew 

Welcome to CM forum .

Try disconnect and install it again and see how the result and if you still facing same issue i would like suggest you to contact CM customer services , they will help you .

Here some link for your reference : How to determine if the pump is functioning on your liquid cooler and this : Liquid Cooling: Where do I connect the Fans and Pump

since we have same brand i would like suggest monitor your temp with software from gigabyte .

i have an gigabyte z97x gaming 5 , i5 4690k and seidon 120v with dual fans . idle same as you have and load at 40-50c

Here is my setup :

1 x CPU fan header < my fans connector 1
1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT) fans connector 2
3 x system fan headers < my pump connector

Monitor my temp with gigabyte APP ( H/W Monitoring ) and run full speed .

Remember if you still facing same issue please contact CM customer services . they will help you out

Hope this can help .

hay Mohd,

Thanks for the quick reply.

i've disconnected, reinstalled and its working alot better now thanks. getting idle temps of 28/30c and under load 45/55c. 

God knows what i'd done the first time round. when i removed the base from the CPU for cleaning all looked good!?

thanks again.

Mohd Noh    179
1 hour ago, andrew baines said:

hay Mohd,

Thanks for the quick reply.

i've disconnected, reinstalled and its working alot better now thanks. getting idle temps of 28/30c and under load 45/55c. 

God knows what i'd done the first time round. when i removed the base from the CPU for cleaning all looked good!?

thanks again.

God Bless man . and you`re welcome 

Cheers ......