Sign in to follow this  
Guest HoMBre

CM Stacker Versions

rle    0
Thank you all!

- Why does the 830 look so ugly? Will it look different in the end? It looks like a 1 dollar TT case.

- I would love to have the new stacker, so many improvements... but it's ugly as :)... Well, i can always mod the older one to get the same specs! and steel is much better than a faint aluminium... and i don't carry my case to LP's so i don't care about weight.

- the stacker has a removeable mobo tray, right?

- the stacker 820 is full tower while the newer one will be tower, right?

thanks in advance, great forum

regards,

hombre

First of all, i'm sick of people who just complain about the Stacker 830. Instead of being such a cry baby whining about that it looks so ugly and so on, you can just keep it for yourself and buy another case. It's as simple as that. Some people will love it and some will hate it... that's the way it's gotta be.

And when you say that you like steel better then aluminium, do you really think anyone cares? Everyone has different needs. So keep your private thoughts for yourself.

And yes the stacker has a removable motherboard tray.

And the Stacker 810/820 is a full tower, and the Stacker 830 will be a mid tower case.

thehawk    0

Well my friend, if such thoughts are kept private, the CM guys would have no comments to analyze and improve products on. Remember that feedback is not always positive, it can be negative sometimes as well.

I personally like the 830 although I'm yet to see it in person but unfortunately, many of the comments I heard are somehow negative. But trust me, even such comments will be useful for the CM team.

Karma Ghost    0

You are welcome to that opinion, but if you expect CM production to use that, you have to offer reasons for why it is ugly and why you don't like it. Not just that you don't like it.

Karma Ghost    0

You can tell my brain is fried.. oh boy.

I thought you were initially the first person in the thread to say that it is ugly and were defending your claim.

But yeah, the rest of my post stands otherwise :o

rle    0
You are welcome to that opinion, but if you expect CM production to use that, you have to offer reasons for why it is ugly and why you don't like it. Not just that you don't like it.

I heard that :)

rle    0
Well my friend, if such thoughts are kept private, the CM guys would have no comments to analyze and improve products on. Remember that feedback is not always positive, it can be negative sometimes as well.

I personally like the 830 although I'm yet to see it in person but unfortunately, many of the comments I heard are somehow negative. But trust me, even such comments will be useful for the CM team.

Some like the case the way it is now, and if they change it because som don't like it, the people that liked it from the beggining will probably don't like it afterwards.

So we will still end up with some people that will be happy with the design of the case and some will just be sad and hate it.

You can turn it any way you want too, you will still end up with the same conclusion...because everyone has different tastes.

thehawk    0

Granted. Someone who says it's ugly because the design is ugly leads to your conclusion. However:

Let's take for example someone who says it's ugly because he doesn't like the front door. CM may decide to release not one, but 3 or 4 front doors. So, those who liked the original design will still continue to like it and those who hated the initial front door may choose from 3 more.

Hope you understood what I'm trying to say here :)

rle    0
Granted. Someone who says it's ugly because the design is ugly leads to your conclusion. However:

Let's take for example someone who says it's ugly because he doesn't like the front door. CM may decide to release not one, but 3 or 4 front doors. So, those who liked the original design will still continue to like it and those who hated the initial front door may choose from 3 more.

Hope you understood what I'm trying to say here :)

Yeah i understand what your trying to say, and i agree that it would be a good thing to do.

The new Stacker 830 will give you the choice of removing the front door if you don't like it, and you can change the side panel as well if you want to.

So i believe that's a good start, but it would be nice if they could introduce som new doors like you said, so there would be a door for everyone and maybe different side panels as well :).

In the end, i think the stacker 830 will be a huge success. Especially if they follow up the release with some new front doors and maybe some side panels to change the looks of your new baby.

So you all know, these were only examples of what they could introduce later on.

SyxPak    0

I like the external aesthetics of the 830, but the reduction in height is a curious choice, particularly as it removes a bit of the BTX-ish quality (mounting PSU on the bottom).

A full range of side panels, or some method to order custom ones (right-hand side window panel, left hand side with correct XFlow alignment etc.) would be great, particularly with regard colours.

I like dark, sleek exterior colours, and the demand for the black window panel for the ST1 shows that others do too.

I'll be getting a black ST1 and a second side-panel (or a set) for modding.

(where might I enquire about purchasing these components?)

The front door is very very nice, gives the case a faceted, 21st centurty fighter jet look, or some kind of anime samurai mecha.