fraz

V8 Cooler & RAM clearance

fraz    0

Hi,

RAM clearance and CPU coolers can be tricky - Will Corsair Dominator RAM be a goof fit with V8 air cooler? - I've seen a picture of V8 Cooler with Corsair Vengenance DDR3 RAM on motherboard and it seems to be fit OK but what about Dominator as it's a little taller maybe

If someone knows for sure because they've tried it raise it here!

If there was an issue I'd use a Nepton 120 XL instead of V8! - Kingtson Fury / Savage RAM is uDIMM so lower profile but Dominator 2800 mhz is CL 14

Sunday Morning    177
On 12/6/2016 at 10:35 AM, fraz said:

Hi,

RAM clearance and CPU coolers can be tricky - Will Corsair Dominator RAM be a goof fit with V8 air cooler? - I've seen a picture of V8 Cooler with Corsair Vengenance DDR3 RAM on motherboard and it seems to be fit OK but what about Dominator as it's a little taller maybe

If someone knows for sure because they've tried it raise it here!

If there was an issue I'd use a Nepton 120 XL instead of V8! - Kingtson Fury / Savage RAM is uDIMM so lower profile but Dominator 2800 mhz is CL 14

V8 or V8 GTS ?

If V8 oh man you will save ....  below is picture for your reference .

v8.jpg

• Upvote 2

fraz    0

From looking at the box it looks like it is just the V8 version 2 - I can't see anything to do with GTS on the box - I take it the V8 is smaller than the V8 GTS ???

Also would this cooler get in the way of the first PCI-e slot? - I've not got round to the build yet! - I did have another big air cooler from another company and it was a real scrape to get a graphics card in which is not good.  I'm all in favour of big coolers as they do a great job but if they start encroaching upon the spaces of other devices then it defeats the purpose and causes frustration.

I've done two builds so I'm not experienced as a builder and items such as big coolers causing problems is not wanted8)

The V8 looks great and may be a better fit than the other cooler I was talking about in another computer which is an excellent cooler! - Any feedback appreciated:grin:

Eric    0

Here is what the clearance looks like on an ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Wifi motherboard with the Cooler Master V8 GTS and  Corsair Vengance RGB Pro memory; there is about half an inch clearance left remaining.

Although the fit on the inner most DIMM was tight, it will easily slide in at a 15 degree angle without issues.

The RAM in question can be obtained here @ https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236441

Nr4gGoX.jpg

rd1YXfb.jpg

Edited by Eric